Match Thread: Forest Vs Birmingham Sponsored by Steve Cotterill's P45 | Page 8 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Forest Vs Birmingham Sponsored by Steve Cotterill's P45

Giuseppe Garibaldi - 3/3/2018 21:58

I feel for Bridcutt. He was one of our best players before injury. Now he can't get a look in.

Heard it twice now GG and both from different quarters but word is
out that come the summer Leeds will be breaking their backs to re-
sign Bridcutt.

Wouldn't mind so much if we were able to capture the signature of
Colback and the money regained from the sale of Bridcutt could help
fund that.

toms - 3/3/2018 19:48

AdebolaCornflakes - 3/3/2018 19:42

Two of our shite academy players combining for the goal toms

Never said they were shite.

Osborn from left back is being reasonably handy as predicted. Not a disaster and will grow into role.
Ozzy is not a left back...cant defend properly...right wingers have a field day against him nd needs support all the time...that Magoma yesterday as other wingers befkre him were made look like Bruno Conti at their prime...but on the other hand when released of defensive duties scackles he can contribute...much more...

farcall2 - 3/3/2018 19:50

Murf' absolute disgrace, not bothered if he's not 100% fit....we can't afford to carry anyone..it's one for all..and all for one...Fcuk off if you can't be bothered...
:30: he is not even trying !!! Why replace a fully comitted Ben for this guy ?!!! ...let Ben nd Velios continue the season...nd let this pensioner at home nice nd warm...whats with Bridcutt?...is this the end for him here?

I rate Bridcutt,think he is an essential part of the squad.
Colback's wages will be a massive issue. He would need to take a pay cut I reckon.
The loan is good for both parties. Who knows, perhaps a season loan next season with a view to a permanent deal if we achieve promotion?

Calvin Plummer - 3/3/2018 23:48

Plus I think Geddy is a liability...

He was yesterday. Foxz Hollywood passes didn’t help either. Give away possession that cheaply to a better team & we’d have drawn that game. Krankz still has a lot of work to do.

GROWN UP TALK

That's true, you just said that they aren't good enough. To be honest I'm starting to see what you mean; other than all these goals and assists what do they contribute?

I also see that people are starting to use Murphy as the latest scapegoat and he's the latest player with a poor attitude who isn't trying.

I'm sure Karanka can also see that he isn't trying and will drop him from the match day squad, as MW apparently did with McKay.

AdebolaCornflakes - 4/3/2018 08:01

That's true, you just said that they aren't good enough. To be honest I'm starting to see what you mean; other than all these goals and assists what do they contribute?

Exactly they’re too small league 1 standard at best.

AdebolaCornflakes - 4/3/2018 08:03

I also see that people are starting to use Murphy as the latest scapegoat and he's the latest player with a poor attitude who isn't trying.

I'm sure Karanka can also see that he isn't trying and will drop him from the match day squad, as MW apparently did with McKay.

I don't think Murphy is the sort of player you will ever see a bad attitude from. He's not that sort of pro.

Mentally he was a second behind play yesterday, but he has played probably less than 100 minutes of football in the last 2-3 months.

Calvin Plummer - 3/3/2018 22:53

For what it's worth I mostly agree with Pope. We absolutely need those two as a screen for the back four. It gives a platform for the front 4 to play with freedom and for our fullbacks to join in - which was where our second came from. Neither Osborn or DarthWinka are great defensively but good going forward so having those two in midfield gives them the freedom to push on. Watson can drive forward on occasion and did effectively v QPR.

That aside a mediocre scrappy performance and I'm just glad we were playing a Birmingham side shorn of confidence as we couldn't of argued with a draw.

Absolutely spot on.

Also agree with your point on Geddy, it’s obvious why he is not starting games and if he continues play as he did yesterday his chances will be limited.

Osborn needs some serious coaching if hes to stay at LB. He was tracking his man on the outside a few times yesterday which was astonishing.

Its good to see the old Gueddy I remember back.

This time last season we also had 40 points. But third bottom (Bristol) had 34 and relegated Blackburn already had 36. We were therefore only 6 points clear of relegation and 4 clear of the team we had to stay ahead of.

This time two seasons ago we had 42 points from 35 games. We were 10 points clear of 3rd bottom who had 32. MK Dons had 35 points and were eventually relegated in 2nd bottom with 40

This time in 2014-15 the third bottom side had 31 and finished on 41. We were on 50 under Freedman.

Point I'm making is that the current bottom three have 30. That is the lowest points total of the third bottom club for the last three seasons. We are no better off than the same point last year but better off Vis a vis the bottom three than we have been since 2015 at this stage.

This time last year Blackburn, who were relegated on 51 already had 36 - and their end of season run was very strong. They gained 15 points in 11 games, which is unusual. The season before, Rotherham gained 17 points from 11 and stayed up- but MK Dons and Bolton only gained 5 more points from those same 11 games.

An absolutely brilliant performance from the bottom 3 would see them gain 45-46 points based on where they are now.

Even if your not match fit...and as pope says a second off the pace....surely when a ball is put high and in front of you...there's nothing wrong in jumping in the air and at least trying...you give your all on and off he ball....something is better than nothing...

People going on about Fox and Osborne...at least they give it a go, part of a team...they aren't brill in there strange positions..but they at least try...BB had a crap first half...but he kept running kept trying...that's my kind of player...we better have 11 on the pitch who give everything against DIREby....otherwise it's curtains....Rant over FTID

No need to rant Farcall. We've just won our second in a row and are four unbeaten. The snow has stopped, the pool looks inviting, the sangria is room temp and brie is ice cool. Toodlepip :14:

I should point out that our first was created by Watson winning then shielding the ball then giving it to Colback who could then pick out a positive forward pass.

Had Colback not been playing then it would have been back to Fox or Figgy.