Match Thread: Forest Vs Birmingham Sponsored by Steve Cotterill's P45 | Page 7 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Forest Vs Birmingham Sponsored by Steve Cotterill's P45

Well done to karanka and the team on the 3 points.

Will need to sign a striker during the summer. Coyr

forestonourwayback - 3/3/2018 20:11

B'hams owners made horrendous mistakes when they sacked Rowett and appointed Zola. Then they compounded it further by appointing Redknapp. A series of bad decisions.

How many teams escape relegation by sacking so many managers in so short a time.

It almost sank Forest last season. With their league positions getting lower and lower each time. Chopping and changing and no continuity and players from about 8 different sacked managers.

I thought it was a bit strange sacking Rowett just outside the play offs. (Just like Forest did with S'O'D (poor sod?) and Billy MK II. I don't think either sacking helped Forest.)

SA.

Pope John XXIII - 3/3/2018 14:30

Hardy Forest - 3/3/2018 14:17

Can't really argue with an unchanged side, though I tend to think Watson and Colback together at home is a little overly negative? It pretty much means a 7 man defence. Away, fine. But I think at home I'd rather see Geddy alongside one of them.

No it doesn't. Watson is very much box to box- he does everything.

You are claiming he is negative for playing his two best midfielders?

I'm not claiming he is negative, where did you get that from? I just said playing two defensive midfielders at home could be negative, not that he is generally negative. I disagree with one of his eleven selection and your jumping up and down??

Hardy Forest - 3/3/2018 20:47

Can't really argue with an unchanged side, though I tend to think Watson and Colback together at home is a little overly negative? It pretty much means a 7 man defence. Away, fine. But I think at home I'd rather see Geddy alongside one of them.

I'm not claiming he is negative, where did you get that from? I just said playing two defensive midfielders at home could be negative, not that he is generally negative. I disagree with one of his eleven selection and your jumping up and down??

Almost every side plays 4-2-3-1 with two defensive midfielders.

We have been playing two defensive midfielders every week under Warburton and you have never said a word about negativity.

Now we play one and a box to box midfielder and it's negative?

And if you want either Watson or Colback dropped for fook knows who then clearly you aren't watching games!

Fook me, here we go. Took three days before one of you lot hit vinegar stroke last time. How long will this one last.

Ultimately the result was the most important thing today.It will be interesting to see if he changes things a little for Norwich to give some a rest and others a start.Great to continue this run, of not losing, and hoping it continues beyond Sunday.

The positives - we won and there some good individual performances.

The negatives - a poor, poor game. First ten minutes were lively and deservedly took the lead. After that we were second best for the rest of the half, just sat back and were really poor. Should have gone in at half time 1-2 down.
Brereton was poor and didn't come out for the second half, unfortunately Murphy was even worse. We were a bit better overall for the second half, but it still wasn't great. What I feared would happen, did. We sit back. At home we need to be doing more than that. We need more drive and impetuous from midfield. Colback and Watson are both excellent defensive midfielders and we are looking really solid with them there, but personally I think they are too similar when we play at home. Geddy should be playing alongside one of them when we play at home, then the two of them when away.
Cash, Tomlin, Lolley and Colback were the stand outs for me today. Everyone else were no better than average, except for Brereton and Murphy who were both really poor.

Don’t wish Cotterill any ill but a poor manager who has made a good living for himself by signing contracts and only working for half the time at the most.
I’m glad he got a polite respectful welcome.
His post match comments didn’t help though-if that is how he considers a performance worthy of a win then that’s the problem!!!
We weren’t great but worthy of the win and I was so impressed with Lolley. HIs pressing prior to cash’s goal was brilliant.

Pope John XXIII - 3/3/2018 20:54

We have been playing two defensive midfielders every week under Warburton and you have never said a word about negativity.

And if you want either Watson or Colback dropped for fook knows who then clearly you aren't watching games!

You moan about other posters insulting you and twisting your words and yet you feel it's fine to do the same to me? Your tone is out of order and overly aggressive. I at no point have said AK is generally negative in that post. Just that I think playing two defensive midfielders could be seen as negative at home (in my opinion Watson is a defensive midfielder, far more so than Geddy). I wasn't critising AK in any way, just suggesting that I'd play Geddy alongside one of them when playing at home. I even started the post saying that you can't really argue with an unchanged side.
MW has nothing to do with it, though I hardly think you can accuse him of being negative, rather the opposite. I like AK and have not been criticising him.
I'm not sure why you are being so arrogant. I watch far more games than you, so don't go claiming that I "clearly don't watch games" just because I might slightly disagree with you. I'm not saying we should drop one of them for "fook knows who", is clearly stated that I would I would have played Geddy alongside one of them. I was specific. That is my opinion. I didn't critise either of the two players. Just that I thought Geddy might be more suited at home games.
You started the thread by calling posters who disagreed with you as "lying" and now being unreasonably aggressive with me, for no reason. I suggest you actually re read what I actually said.

& here we go again this tedious will go for page after page but granted the Pope is the victim in all this.

Woanz - 3/3/2018 21:16

& here we go again this tedious will go for page after page but granted the Pope is the victim in all this.

Two people can have a disagreement without having to replace S's with z's to look cool or having a big forum meltdown that gets you banned.

How about you let the adults talk about football eh? I appreciate these players are just names on a forum to someone like you

Pope John XXIII - 3/3/2018 21:19

Woanz - 3/3/2018 21:16

Two people can have a disagreement without having to replace S's with z's to look cool or having a big forum meltdown that gets you banned.

How about you let the adults talk about football eh? I appreciate these players are just names on a forum to someone like you

Yeah because you never overreact & everyone has to wade through your pompous pontifications on a bi-weekly basis but obviously it’s never your fault.

ADULT TALK

Giuseppe Garibaldi - 3/3/2018 21:58

I feel for Bridcutt. He was one of our best players before injury. Now he can't get a look in.
Hardly surprising,those magazines stopped years ago chap.

Giuseppe Garibaldi - 3/3/2018 21:58

I feel for Bridcutt. He was one of our best players before injury. Now he can't get a look in.

I imagine he will when colback has gone back, he was just starting to look good before he was out.

For what it's worth I mostly agree with Pope. We absolutely need those two as a screen for the back four. It gives a platform for the front 4 to play with freedom and for our fullbacks to join in - which was where our second came from. Neither Osborn or DarthWinka are great defensively but good going forward so having those two in midfield gives them the freedom to push on. Watson can drive forward on occasion and did effectively v QPR.

That aside a mediocre scrappy performance and I'm just glad we were playing a Birmingham side shorn of confidence as we couldn't of argued with a draw.