Match Thread: Forest Vs Birmingham Sponsored by Steve Cotterill's P45 | Page 6 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Forest Vs Birmingham Sponsored by Steve Cotterill's P45

forestfire_59 - 3/3/2018 17:01

We need to get 3 wins from our last 11 games, eminently doable. Would be good to get 2 thirds of that target in the next 2 games :17: :91:

We don't need 3 wins at all. This will be a low scoring season for relegation. Two will more than do and we'll probably be fine with one and a few draws. It wouldn't shock me if the bottom 3 failed to reach even the 43 points we have now- it's happened before.

This time last season the third bottom side had 34 points from 34 games.

This season it's 30 from 35.

That was a poor performance but a great result. No getting around it, forest were poor. I didn't enjoy the game really, we entertained very infrequently and there were big deficiencies.

First half was particularly poor. The attacking 4 were lacklustre. We spent a lot of time passing around the back because Birmingham kept midfield tight and there wasnt the movement from the attacking players for us to pick anyone out. The goal was a great move but that and a few blocked chances aside was it. Birmingham had better chances first half and Osborn was appalling at left back, getting absolutely roasted by Maghoma and barely helping with attack.

Second half we were better but hardly effervescent. We had more chances than them deserved our second goal. Osborn improved significantly and I believe it was his superb cross field pass that picked Cash out. Guedioura's energy made a real difference when he came on.

At that point we looked great and Osborn really should have scored a third with the goal at his mercy.

They got a corner that looked dubious and scored an appalling goal from our point of view- ball came in and Morrison headed it in with no resistance from our defenders.

You always fear a scrambled goal after that but in the end there were no really scary moments. I thought Pantillimon was excellent.

It wasn't a great game. Birmingham played well and weren't half as bad as I anticipated. We were very off today and for fans the cold was bloody horrible. But we ground out a win. Thats probably the most important take away from this game- we won a game we weren't great in.

The scoreline was probably fair. They did enough to score and over the 90 we did enough to win.

Full credit to Birmingham if we hadn’t have scored those 2 goals they’d have won.

I was calm but nervous through out the whole game however driving back in a rear drive car has made me decidedly anxious.

On a side note...today I Follow had commentry nd even replays !!! Was is a one off or the way forward?

Was meant to visit my mum in Yorkshire but postponed it due to the weather. The thought of 90 minutes sat in upper BC with temperature nudging zero didn't appeal so I stayed home, made pizza, listened to RN. If I go for the frozen season ticket for next season I might have to force myself to go to such games...

After the early goal I expected much better but by the second half I had to clean out the fridge to calm my nerves. Finally Cash scored but even then it wasn't quite over.

A reminder that Forest are still far from world-beaters and need to improve in the final third, but overall it sounded like we just did enough. Big points cushion now and a realistic prospect of a top half finish.

AdebolaCornflakes - 3/3/2018 19:42

Two of our shite academy players combining for the goal toms

Never said they were shite.

Osborn from left back is being reasonably handy as predicted. Not a disaster and will grow into role.

Murf' absolute disgrace, not bothered if he's not 100% fit....we can't afford to carry anyone..it's one for all..and all for one...Fcuk off if you can't be bothered...

Pope John XXIII - 3/3/2018 18:00

That was a poor performance but a great result. No getting around it, forest were poor. I didn't enjoy the game really, we entertained very infrequently and there were big deficiencies.

First half was particularly poor. The attacking 4 were lacklustre. We spent a lot of time passing around the back because Birmingham kept midfield tight and there wasnt the movement from the attacking players for us to pick anyone out. The goal was a great move but that and a few blocked chances aside was it. Birmingham had better chances first half and Osborn was appalling at left back, getting absolutely roasted by Maghoma and barely helping with attack.

Second half we were better but hardly effervescent. We had more chances than them deserved our second goal. Osborn improved significantly and I believe it was his superb cross field pass that picked Cash out. Guedioura's energy made a real difference when he came on.

At that point we looked great and Osborn really should have scored a third with the goal at his mercy.

They got a corner that looked dubious and scored an appalling goal from our point of view- ball came in and Morrison headed it in with no resistance from our defenders.

You always fear a scrambled goal after that but in the end there were no really scary moments. I thought Pantillimon was excellent.

It wasn't a great game. Birmingham played well and weren't half as bad as I anticipated. We were very off today and for fans the cold was bloody horrible. But we ground out a win. Thats probably the most important take away from this game- we won a game we weren't great in.

The scoreline was probably fair. They did enough to score and over the 90 we did enough to win.

That's a very fair summary. We weren't good today but we ground out a win on what was probably the coldest day I can remember at the City Ground.

Osborn is no left back and I do not agree with keeping a winning side if it is plainly wrong. Why have we got Fuentes if he's not going to play? Murphy was poor again; he lacks aggression, for big man, and doesn't look like he's really bothered. His touch was equally poor.

But there were some good performances. I was impressed with Lolley, Cash, Watson and Colback. Pants and Fig were solid.

Murphy was very poor. Not sure I would say it was attitude or effort, more that he was 1 second behind play mentally and so woefully second to everything. He has hardly played in months

B'hams owners made horrendous mistakes when they sacked Rowett and appointed Zola. Then they compounded it further by appointing Redknapp. A series of bad decisions.

Lienking - 3/3/2018 20:02

So Cotterill has been sacked! Who needs Mystic Meg or the Octopus!

That delusional carrot crunching **** has probably earned more from pay offs than from actually doing work.