Match Thread, Forest v Norwich, orbs where are you? | Page 15 | Vital Football

Match Thread, Forest v Norwich, orbs where are you?

I genuinely used to love football. Used to go to all reserve games. Home and away. Fanatic.

Been falling out of love with prem football and internationals for a long time. Now it's happening with forest. Just couldn't care anymore. Been crap for so long. Next year wont be any different.

Wait till the fanz are back (temporarily as we all know there’s another massive fuck up around the corner) & see the reaction to this turgid shit where we just about beat teams below us & are terrified of anyone above us.

“We’re fucking shit”
“Let’s pretend we scored a goal”
“You’re nothing special we lose every week”

The players confidence which Hughz is destroying will be totally gone & everyone will be looking for the exit while Hughz signs another 4 defensive midfielders from Brighton.

I genuinely used to love football. Used to go to all reserve games. Home and away. Fanatic.

Been falling out of love with prem football and internationals for a long time. Now it's happening with forest. Just couldn't care anymore. Been crap for so long. Next year wont be any different.
Yes agreed, that pretty much sums up how I feel. I can't make my mind up whether its just because there's too much football on TV, the lack of crowds, general disillusionment with football as a whole. or disillusionment with Forest & the way we are playing. With Forest I can't make my mind up about that either. we are either playing how the manger wants us to play which is scary, or the players are not doing what the manager wants them to

What was Grabban doing Garner played it perfectly to him to hit first time, had about 3 touches before the keeper finally got to him and he taps it at him. CH left him on 20 minutes too long, wasn't even pressing much left it all to Cafu.
You're right it was there to hit first time, with the increased mobility of modern defenders if you take a touch they are there to close you down and chance gone. If Grabban was going to take a touch it should have been with his left to set it up for a right foot shot, but he tried to control with his right (badly) and from then on was never going to score. Probably all down to the magic ingredient confidence

The overall picture regarding teams at the bottom has not changed.

With the exception of the Birmingham game, all of the results panned out pretty much as expected.

We still have two very tough games coming up against Brentford and Cardiff, but that is nothing compared to Huddersfield who still have to play Brentford, Norwich, Barnsley and Reading, not to mention games against us Rotherham and Coventry.

Derby still have to play Reading, Norwich and Swansea and then Birmingham and a last day nail biter against Wednesday.

Coventry have a fairly easy run in but Birmingham still have Watford, Swansea, Brentford and Cardiff, and games against us Derby and Rotherham from the bottom half.

Rotherham have Barnsley, Brentford, Cardiff and Middlesbrough, with away games against Millwall and Bristol City and games against Birmingham, Huddersfield and Coventry at the bottom.

Wednesday will be lucky to reach 40 points and Wycombe need snookers.

Of all the teams currently below us I can only see Coventry with a serious chance of finishing above us; 48 points should be sufficient, 50 at a push

we're safe don't worry about that

Last night was a calculate rest for players as we are more likely to get something out of Brentford. Its about just getting another 5/6 points now. Dont' expect promotion style football.

About 2 weeks ago - we were on a great run and starting to play some lovely football. Stop getting so silly and emotional about everything, I'm a mess I can't handle it. Leave me alone.

I'

Think there's enough to be doing better than we are, Christie and Riberio aren't bad he just seems to not want to play Riberio. He could play Freeman central with Cafu and Garner behind so it's more attack minded, 3 strikers we have are all competent as are the wide players but they all seem unable to perform. It's the negative football we play we don't get forward in numbers we just half heartedly get forward but leave most of the team back ready to defend, so many back passes because there is no forward options. I joked the other day we would need to lose all our games to go down which sounded like a challenge, seems that it may not be that much of a challenge with the little fight we are showing.

Agree thought yates and garner against league leaders was daft. Cafu much better alongside garner and freeman, who looked a bit more lively in the no. 10 role. We would have been both more solid and had more going forwards. Fact was midfield got played around and had no idea what was going on and as per usual created very little and couldnt take advantage when we did.

That first half was just painful to watch

I think you slightly misrepresent me, but no matter.

I'm not content with things but I'm happy to stick with the manager we've just chosen rather than panic and appoint someone else, making things even worse. Unlike you, I don't draw conclusions from tonight's game as Norwich were so clearly far better than us, and are also far better than the other sides in this division.

Agree about not making too much of one game but its not just one game. Its the lack of everything that makes a football team that has got us all depressed. No energy, no thought, no plan, no passion. Nada, nothing, zip. Perhaps many of them recognise they are on their way but not interested in watching another first half like that. Just been too many halves and too many games where the performance is below acceptable.

The overall picture regarding teams at the bottom has not changed.

With the exception of the Birmingham game, all of the results panned out pretty much as expected.

We still have two very tough games coming up against Brentford and Cardiff, but that is nothing compared to Huddersfield who still have to play Brentford, Norwich, Barnsley and Reading, not to mention games against us Rotherham and Coventry.

Derby still have to play Reading, Norwich and Swansea and then Birmingham and a last day nail biter against Wednesday.

Coventry have a fairly easy run in but Birmingham still have Watford, Swansea, Brentford and Cardiff, and games against us Derby and Rotherham from the bottom half.

Rotherham have Barnsley, Brentford, Cardiff and Middlesbrough, with away games against Millwall and Bristol City and games against Birmingham, Huddersfield and Coventry at the bottom.

Wednesday will be lucky to reach 40 points and Wycombe need snookers.

Of all the teams currently below us I can only see Coventry with a serious chance of finishing above us; 48 points should be sufficient, 50 at a push

Thing is tho mao everyone loves to beat forest and i always feel teams are generally up for it. We also like to bottle at the big moments. Last season fucked me up, 1pt 4 games- on paper we were in the play offs but football isnt played on paper. Are we safe? Its in our own hands and thats what scares me.

It was pretty easy to see what was wrong last night; no Worrall and no Krovinovic equals no passion and pride and leadership.

One or two of that side need to take a long hard look at themselves

Agree but the yates garner partnership was also pretty silly imo, two young dcm against bright zippy league leaders. It was men against boys and it looked like it yesterday.

Used to look forward to watching it's getting more of a chore, you know next games going to be almost a carbon copy. Odd team selection, start the game on the back foot, go a goal down heads drop and we pick it up a little 2nd half but never really look like scoring.

Agree about not making too much of one game but its not just one game. Its the lack of everything that makes a football team that has got us all depressed. No energy, no thought, no plan, no passion. Nada, nothing, zip. Perhaps many of them recognise they are on their way but not interested in watching another first half like that. Just been too many halves and too many games where the performance is below acceptable.

This was yet another example of the gulf in resources between those relegated from the Prem and the rest.

All 5 of their subs would arguably be in our starting 11, they are a largely settled team/squad - high in confidence, with an ethos and manager that they stuck by.

We are yet again in a transitional phase, lacking the resources of Norwich and the gulf in quality was evident - but, more so highlighting how poor our summer recruitment was.

Bad luck with injuries doesn't help, Lolley looked the best I'd seen against Reading, Worrall is a leader, was Brice injured or dropped - same with Knockaert.

Hughton was forced into making changes, but I have no issue with starting Grabban (to get him match fit - although, I do feel sorry for Taylor) & Blackett, to see how he fits into next season's plans.

Yates has gone backwards after his injury and dropping Krov, reduced our energy & mobility.

Our January recruitment was about keeping us in the Championship, Hughton has a track record of doing this and then pushing the team on 2nd season - which is a hope I'm clinging to.

This was yet another example of the gulf in resources between those relegated from the Prem and the rest.

All 5 of their subs would arguably be in our starting 11, they are a largely settled team/squad - high in confidence, with an ethos and manager that they stuck by.

We are yet again in a transitional phase, lacking the resources of Norwich and the gulf in quality was evident - but, more so highlighting how poor our summer recruitment was.

Bad luck with injuries doesn't help, Lolley looked the best I'd seen against Reading, Worrall is a leader, was Brice injured or dropped - same with Knockaert.

Hughton was forced into making changes, but I have no issue with starting Grabban (to get him match fit - although, I do feel sorry for Taylor) & Blackett, to see how he fits into next season's plans.

Yates has gone backwards after his injury and dropping Krov, reduced our energy & mobility.

Our January recruitment was about keeping us in the Championship, Hughton has a track record of doing this and then pushing the team on 2nd season - which is a hope I'm clinging to.

You and me (and probably everyone else) both.

Gulf in management of resources would be more accurate.

we're safe don't worry about that

Last night was a calculate rest for players as we are more likely to get something out of Brentford. Its about just getting another 5/6 points now. Dont' expect promotion style football.

About 2 weeks ago - we were on a great run and starting to play some lovely football. Stop getting so silly and emotional about everything, I'm a mess I can't handle it. Leave me alone.

CH should go, hes shown absolutely nothing. Lets face it, zilch, mada, nothing. And to make it worse his line ups and subs are just a joke.
I know normally its a mess keep changing managers who all have different philosophies and thier own players but CH has changed nothing since SL went, they are the same bunch doing the same things and its still not working. The whole defensive minded managers dont work. Lets see some bloody football at the club, at this rate I will be joining the BD fan club, this is the worst football from any of our previous failures the last few years

Soh is the mystery to me . Came from PSG as a highly regarded prospect. Had a couple of games for us and looked decent . Hughton has played anyone but him but tells us how good he is in training 🙄
wake up, show talent and yer out the picture. didnt wanan even look at carvalho when hes our player, doesnt bring bj back, drops ribiero for an old fart, doesnt put swan is squad ever again, drops mighten despite he's ten times more productive than players like Freeman, pays his 37 year old mates 30k a week. Jeez, all of that ids fine and dandy if its scoring goals and winning games. Our goalscoring record since his arrival is shameful, is what the entire game is about and he's an abject fail. I dont even wanna give him any money, i just dont trust him with it. Or if he does get money it should be with a clause that you cant buy anyone over 25