Match Thread, Forest v Norwich, orbs where are you? | Page 16 | Vital Football

Match Thread, Forest v Norwich, orbs where are you?

You and me (and probably everyone else) both.

Blind hope, that is not how it should be and if you feel that then you should realise the manager is not up to it.
Theres not a single ounce of positivity, we arent leaving games saying 'work in progress' "nice movement' ' great shape' progressive stuff, just need a finisher' We are watching games and thinking this is shit and we wont score in an entire month of saturdays.
Its totally blatant that hes shit and people are still saying, it will be fine. Its quite ridiculous really but then thats how people are nowadays

The players confidence which Hughz is destroying will be totally gone & everyone will be looking for the exit while Hughz signs another 4 defensive midfielders from Brighton.

Joe Lolley beat his man about twice at the weekend, Didnt score or assist anything of course but did beat his man, on the second one he pulled his hamstring lol "lolley looks back to his best" is all i heard since. such a farce. Should have got rid of grabs n lolz last year when they still had some value

What a bummer.
And what a lousy bunch of players we have, not all of them but enough to put the dampners on the whole thing. How could we expect an up and coming youngster to learn anything from this lot and even CH seems to be going off the boil as well although he's not proving to be as good as I thought. Even so I don't think he deserves all the blame that he's getting.
And for you supporters who think we're really a Premier club just in the Championship for a limited spell, think again. In the many years I've supported the Reds I can only think of two high spots. One is winning the FA cup years ago and the other obviously the Clough and Taylor years

I'm even starting to think that the club may not deserve the great fanbase that it has.

I dont think we are a prem club, BUT we are one of the biggest clubs in the league, absolutely top half of finances and investment every season. So we are totally in the top 50% of clubs in there and 50% of them get in the play offs. Whether we are a prem club or not the least expected from any 'business' in that situation would be to be in the play offs every other season just based on being bang average

Blind hope, that is not how it should be and if you feel that then you should realise the manager is not up to it.
Theres not a single ounce of positivity, we arent leaving games saying 'work in progress' "nice movement' ' great shape' progressive stuff, just need a finisher' We are watching games and thinking this is shit and we wont score in an entire month of saturdays.
Its totally blatant that hes shit and people are still saying, it will be fine. Its quite ridiculous really but then thats how people are nowadays

Okd has a point tho, recruitment over the summer has not met our needs and ch has to work with what he has. The over reliance last season on grabs and lolley was.not dealt with. Having said that we got freeman and knockhaert but fatman was injured and knocky doesnt defend and hasnt exactly offered much imo

Think murray and knocks were there just to steady the ship.

Imo we hve to stick rather than twist but knowing tht come xmas we could be in the same position facing yet another reset

I dont think we are a prem club, BUT we are one of the biggest clubs in the league, absolutely top half of finances and investment every season. So we are totally in the top 50% of clubs in there and 50% of them get in the play offs. Whether we are a prem club or not the least expected from any 'business' in that situation would be to be in the play offs every other season just based on being bang average

Not sure thats true anymore paz, we've been overtaken by just about everybody

This was yet another example of the gulf in resources between those relegated from the Prem and the rest.

All 5 of their subs would arguably be in our starting 11, they are a largely settled team/squad - high in confidence, with an ethos and manager that they stuck by.

We are yet again in a transitional phase, lacking the resources of Norwich and the gulf in quality was evident - but, more so highlighting how poor our summer recruitment was.

Bad luck with injuries doesn't help, Lolley looked the best I'd seen against Reading, Worrall is a leader, was Brice injured or dropped - same with Knockaert.

Hughton was forced into making changes, but I have no issue with starting Grabban (to get him match fit - although, I do feel sorry for Taylor) & Blackett, to see how he fits into next season's plans.

Yates has gone backwards after his injury and dropping Krov, reduced our energy & mobility.

Our January recruitment was about keeping us in the Championship, Hughton has a track record of doing this and then pushing the team on 2nd season - which is a hope I'm clinging to.

I might be on my own here, but personally I think Taylor has by and large looked absolutely bang average. He seems to be up his own arse and thinks that by securing his contract with us, that he’s some kind of big time Charlie. Get rid for me, he’s tripe.

Okd has a point tho, recruitment over the summer has not met our needs and ch has to work with what he has. The over reliance last season on grabs and lolley was.not dealt with. Having said that we got freeman and knockhaert but fatman was injured and knocky doesnt defend and hasnt exactly offered much imo

Think murray and knocks were there just to steady the ship.

Imo we hve to stick rather than twist but knowing tht come xmas we could be in the same position facing yet another reset

But who you buy in the transfer windows is not the only judgement of a manager. Otherwise every single manager is literally only as good as his checkbook and Sam Allardice would win the league with Man Citeh as easy as Pep and Forest would be top 3 every season they compete in the Championship.

We know its much more than that. Its about seeing progress on the field, its about formations and tactics and pace and energy and improving players. These are the things that show if youre a good manager or not 9 times out of 10.

The checkbook is for the finishing touches to that whole ethos of playing.

Thats when you can trust them to spend money because they are proving thier abilities and they may even improve the player we buy too.

Right now we are totally at the other end of that scale. Im not making it up, we are all watching the last 34 games with him. How much of those positives are you seeing? Half the reason we get into such a mess is because we bankroll managers that simply havent shown us any ability that warrants investment.

Maybe I do have illusions of Grandeur in some ways about us, but whichever way we dress it up, we do have 2 stars on the shirt every week. But Id probabaly offer less wages than other clubs, Id be like "fook off n play for Millwall for 15k a week or come play for us with stars on yer chest for 10"

But who you buy in the transfer windows is not the only judgement of a manager. Otherwise every single manager is literally only as good as his checkbook and Sam Allardice would win the league with Man Citeh as easy as Pep and Forest would be top 3 every season they compete in the Championship.

We know its much more than that. Its about seeing progress on the field, its about formations and tactics and pace and energy and improving players. These are the things that show if youre a good manager or not 9 times out of 10.

The checkbook is for the finishing touches to that whole ethos of playing.

Thats when you can trust them to spend money because they are proving thier abilities and they may even improve the player we buy too.

Right now we are totally at the other end of that scale. Im not making it up, we are all watching the last 34 games with him. How much of those positives are you seeing? Half the reason we get into such a mess is because we bankroll managers that simply havent shown us any ability that warrants investment.

I dont disgree but i guess managers like to work with 'their' players. Im sure CH cant wait to get his own people in. I think there is a question there cos managers should work with what they have but reality doesnt work like that. 34 games is not really enough time to judge a manager imo

My main issue is that at some point we have to stop the rebuild, fail, repeat cycle that we are in.

Yes, how dare they come over here spending their millions on our club. Out out out!

They need to cut their losses. They don't have the nous or the wherewithal to recoup their investment.

Unless they succeed with and follow through with the stadium upgrade, their investment is largely meaningless and worthless to the club as it has achieved the square root of fuck all.

They need to cut their losses. They don't have the nous or the wherewithal to recoup their investment.

Unless they succeed with and follow through with the stadium upgrade, their investment is largely meaningless and worthless to the club as it has achieved the square root of fuck all.

I see you are in a mean mood. Their investment has kept us out of L1

So far....

So the owner of Olympiakos, a Champions League club, doesn’t have the nous to run a Championship club? Ok...

It’s nothing to do with nous. He wanted to run the club a certain way and persisted long after it was proven not to work and only now is he (slowly) starting to run the club the way it needs.

The end result may well be the same but there are enough decent things happening such as the Cat 1 application to show that they know what they are doing in most aspects.

I am not the greatest fan of our owner but it’s very obvious that he is trying to take us forwards as a club.

So the owner of Olympiakos, a Champions League club, doesn’t have the nous to run a Championship club? Ok...

It’s nothing to do with nous. He wanted to run the club a certain way and persisted long after it was proven not to work and only now is he (slowly) starting to run the club the way it needs.

The end result may well be the same but there are enough decent things happening such as the Cat 1 application to show that they know what they are doing in most aspects.

I am not the greatest fan of our owner but it’s very obvious that he is trying to take us forwards as a club.

There is a Cat One application.

There are plans to upgrade the stadium.

Neither of these has yet come to fruition.

Until they do, their investment counts for nothing, has achieved nothing for the club and all the money they have spent, they have completely spaffed up the wall.

There is a Cat One application.

There are plans to upgrade the stadium.

Neither of these has yet come to fruition.

Until they do, their investment counts for nothing, has achieved nothing for the club and all the money they have spent, they have completely spaffed up the wall.
Maybe not but at least there are plans in place and things are being looked at and done.

I don’t disagree that they have spunked a lot of money away but you can’t accuse them of not trying to move the club forward. The fact they have failed so far is a different matter.

We have been a basket case of a club for at least a decade and pretty much toxic to any manager. Going to take time to turn that around and make us look like we could mount a serious challenge.

Maybe not but at least there are plans in place and things are being looked at and done.

I don’t disagree that they have spunked a lot of money away but you can’t accuse them of not trying to move the club forward. The fact they have failed so far is a different matter.

We have been a basket case of a club for at least a decade and pretty much toxic to any manager. Going to take time to turn that around and make us look like we could mount a serious challenge.

What's clear is that these guys don't do proper due diligence.

They didn't do proper due diligence on the club.

They didn't do proper due diligence on the division.

They don't do proper due diligence on potential signings.

They didn't do proper due diligence on our sponsor.

And it looks they haven't done proper due diligence on the Council.

If it was my money, I'd be fucking pissed with how it has been allowed to be spunked around so casually.

What's clear is that these guys don't do proper due diligence.

They didn't do proper due diligence on the club.

They didn't do proper due diligence on the division.

They don't do proper due diligence on potential signings.

They didn't do proper due diligence on our sponsor.

And it looks they haven't done proper due diligence on the Council.

If it was my money, I'd be fucking pissed with how it has been allowed to be spunked around so casually.
How do you know they aren’t pissed off?

Not sure you can pass the Council’s intransigence off on our owners and the sponsor offered decent money for the privilege and weren’t obviously in the mire when they were taken on.

I would have been pissed at the people brokering the deal for what happened with Fuckwaz over the club’s debts but the reality is that whoever bought us would have been buying a basket case club.

The Championship is a bitch of a division so even doing due diligence is no guarantee and I don’t remember too many complaints about the quality of signings at the start of the season. We needed a proven striker but nobody I know predicted this shitshow so not sure what ‘due diligence’ you think could have been done.