Match thread forest v Everton. | Page 9 | Vital Football

Match thread forest v Everton.

No please let’s not defend Chris Wood - he’s a Dreadful footballer. He’s not the only, but one of the reasons, we’re in the situation.
not sure Chris wood isn the problem, but he definitely isn't the answer.

it concerns me that cooper didn't really try and address it during the game

No please let’s not defend Chris Wood - he’s a Dreadful footballer. He’s not the only, but one of the reasons, we’re in the situation.
I wasn't too impressed by Wood today, but he's shown us he can score goals (which is what a striker needs to do!)

Watch the highlights of the Brighton game and you'll see a MGW cross which is just too floaty and just behind him. He heads it tamely to the keeper. Put a cross in the right place and he'll score.

Our crossing is woeful. There were at least 3 v Brighton straight into the keeper's hands, Elanga did it again today and I think there were a couple more.

I agree that Chris Wood should take his share of the blame, but he is far from the only reason for disappointing performances. The main problem for me is the slowness of our build up play, general lack of urgency, & wanting too much time & taking too many touches on the ball.

The premier league does not offer the luxury of taking too much time on the ball while you decide which member of the opposition team you are going to give it back to. Today there was too much long ball stuff as well & the Everton defence just mopped it up all afternoon. In his interview Cooper seemed to think we lacked quality in the final third with our final ball, I would suggest that we lacked quality in all 3 of the thirds.

The most disturbing thing for me however was that with a couple of exceptions they just appeared more motivated than us, & as they say "just seemed to want it more"

Big difference between Everton last year and now. Dyche knows what it takes in this league. Cooper unfortunately doesn't
So who should it be if EM pulls the plug?

Interesting comment about moving Murillo forward, with all the CB's we have. Maybe CDM is a place for him, but he's so good.

One thing I did notice was that when they had a strike on goal from a free kick Yates didn't duck out of the way and was struck a hefty blow on the head. However for their goal Aurier definitely ducked out of the way of the shot
And he just stood there with no attempt to rush McNeill. He's now a bit of liability, and with Aina, Williams, and and yet to be seen Montiel, if think he should only play now in a back 3 formation

It’s disappointing because cooper is an excellent coach, but questions are asked about his strategic play and loyalty towards his favourites.Sean Dyche has always done well with “meh” players, what could he do with our players?

It’s disappointing because cooper is an excellent coach, but questions are asked about his strategic play and loyalty towards his favourites.Sean Dyche has always done well with “meh” players, what could he do with our players?
Cooper is an excellent coach, up to getting in the premier League.

He hasn't shown he has what it takes to take it a step further.

Brighton we tried & fell short & despite the Tory scum nonces on here constantly moaning I think reasonable people realised that, tonight’s shit show was different that was dreadful from start to finish & Coopz made very little effort to change it

It would be embarrassing if we sacked our manager before Sheffield United sacked theirs.

I see the point of changing early if you're going to do it, and if you really believe the new guy will do better, but I'd give SC until Christmas as a given.

It would be embarrassing if we sacked our manager before Sheffield United sacked theirs.

I see the point of changing early if you're going to do it, and if you really believe the new guy will do better, but I'd give SC until Christmas as a given.
He desperately needs a couple of back to back wins, problem is nothing about our form suggests that this is going to happen.
Feels inevitable now , tonight might have been his last home game.

It was schizoid today. For the first ten minutes, and for spells later on, Forest passed confidently and fluently, seemed to have space, and looked dangerous. It seemed to break down inside the final third, but it looked promising.

Once Everton got on top, there was a scary drop in confidence and it all got very rushed and panic-stricken. Maybe this was just Everton stepping up their pressing, but it didn't look like a team any more. Far too many passes going to blue shirts.

At times Forest resurfaced and played a bit of football, but looked so slow and laboured. Some chances, with hindsight, and a clear penalty not given, but very disappointing overall. Murillo stood out as a beacon of hope in a sea of darkness.