Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Lincoln City | Page 20 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Lincoln City

Over two legs we will beat any team in the play offs,providing MA plays his best team. At the moment I’m concerned Poole will still be in it. In which case we will not beat any team in the play offs over two legs.

Over two legs we will beat any team in the play offs,providing MA plays his best team. At the moment I’m concerned Poole will still be in it. In which case we will not beat any team in the play offs over two legs.
I'm very sorry, you cannot possibly say that. Thought Police are on the way.

Think you've made your point more than once,boring now

In fact, forget my previous reply.

Most people will have reiterated just how disgraceful the decision was on Saturday, but did you target their posts? Nope?

To be honest I was expecting this sort of game. Now MApp has been given the ammo to really lay into the lads and get them going again.

Tonight was all part of the bigger plan. MA wants Sunderland in the semi finals with the second leg there so they can freeze with supporters getting on their backs from the start. Their forums are full of moaners who have a lot to get off their chests.

This also puts extra pressure onto Pompey come Sunday with now both Charlton and Oxford breathing down their necks.

Long term planning

That was all a bit meh. Of the fringe, Jones did ok and Sanders had a nice few moments in the last 10 but nobody is pushing for a start.

The only two real areas of concern are that neither of our number 9s look like they have any confidence in front of goal. At the back we seem susceptible to direct balls in with Montsma in particular losing his bearings on a few occasions.

Lewis probably needs clearly telling who he is marking and stick with that player and leave it to Walsh (hopefully) to read the game and sniff out the wider danger.

Poor Hopper seemed to hit a bit of form just before he got injured. Hopper did receive some criticism for not hitting the onion bag enough, and I even said that Morton would have had scored bunch of goals. Hasn't worked out that way though! Think they both just need a bit more confidence.

Tonight was all part of the bigger plan. MA wants Sunderland in the semi finals with the second leg there so they can freeze with supporters getting on their backs from the start. Their forums are full of moaners who have a lot to get off their chests.

This also puts extra pressure onto Pompey come Sunday with now both Charlton and Oxford breathing down their necks.

Long term planning
Wish I shared your confidence!