Match Thread: Burton Albion v Lincoln City | Page 18 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Burton Albion v Lincoln City

From my afternoon watching VPNed iFollow: - Reeco encapsulates‘mercurial’. More power to him
- McGrandles in the Bishop role is a no-brainer
- yet again, the other side’s commentary puts ours to shame piled on embarrassment. Yes, they wanted Burton to win but told their listeners/viewers who was doing what and were admiring of good play from whichever side

- Jackson is a penalty-box defender in the Willie Miller mould. Unfortunately, he his his equal as a striker.

- you can hitch Draper and House to the cart that carries Duffy out of the club and we’ll be so much the better for it.

What’s Duffy done wrong for that kind of comment? Young lad, always done well in most of his games when barely getting a sniff of a chance.

Not too long back home. A single word will do for that win today. Resilience. It was far from a pretty game but one we had to dig deep to get the 3 points. Difficult playing conditions. A pitch that was not in good condition. Then a referee who did neither side any favours. Couple that with opponents who were very physical and had a basic tactic of lump it long, lump it high and repeat. In fact that persistence with that tactic helped us cope with going down to 10 men. You have to spread the game against teams with fewer bodies. They never really looked to do that I though and especially Jacko and the other defenders will deal with that all day long. Even down to 10 men so early in the game I thought we always looked the more likely to score and if we had stretched the lead in that second half I don't think Burton could have had any complaints.
Important win for confidence as much as the 3 points in themselves. Our first Saturday win since October I think and it is good to get that little monkey off our back.
A good day out

Brilliant result, a great all round performance with some outstanding individual performances. In the end an entertaining game, actually contributed to by a crap ref. Couldn't understand why Reeco was taken off, since he was carrying the greatest threat, but not going to second guess our manager. There was a real positive vibe on the field

Listening to their manager on the way home said we were the better team with 10 men for the majority of the match and I can’t argue with that. Created the best chances throughout I thought. There were a few balls bouncing around the area but I don’t recall Jensen making a proper save.
Nice to see Ben House doing Ben House things and McGrandles doing his thing.
Ref never had control, how they avoided getting 2 yellows on one player I don’t know.
This post brought to you by Doggy Day Care

Brilliant result, a great all round performance with some outstanding individual performances. In the end an entertaining game, actually contributed to by a crap ref. Couldn't understand why Reeco was taken off, since he was carrying the greatest threat, but not going to second guess our manager. There was a real positive vibe on the field
Reeco was blowing harder than the Flying Scotsman....he was absolutely knackered.

Reeco looked knackered at times during the second half and he is still coming back from that long lay off. My MOM today

Eh? I'm confused. They were straight at the referee at the final whistle. Why? He sent our player off (when he shouldn't) and was bloody awful. They were the dirty side, not us.
I am guessing (only guessing) for a couple of penalty claims they think they had

I note that Mr Simpson has not refereed a game since he booked 8 players in the Exeter v Lincoln game on 28 October; injured or taken out of the firing line for a while, perhaps?

I note that Mr Simpson has not refereed a game since he booked 8 players in the Exeter v Lincoln game on 28 October; injured or taken out of the firing line for a while, perhaps?
His lay off certainly hasn’t improved his ability to referee a football match

From my afternoon watching VPNed iFollow: - Reeco encapsulates‘mercurial’. More power to him
- McGrandles in the Bishop role is a no-brainer
- yet again, the other side’s commentary puts ours to shame piled on embarrassment. Yes, they wanted Burton to win but told their listeners/viewers who was doing what and were admiring of good play from whichever side

- Jackson is a penalty-box defender in the Willie Miller mould. Unfortunately, he his his equal as a striker.

- you can hitch Draper and House to the cart that carries Duffy out of the club and we’ll be so much the better for it.
Never, ever, post onto social media when you've had a couple of shandy, or been on the wackey baccy !!!!!

Last edited:
Being sat near the corner got a lovely close up view of us using up the added time!
I know we know this but up close it’s amazing the energy Lasse has. When other players are going down with cramp he’s still bombing down the wing at full tilt.

My mate thought it was Dogging Day Care and was going to ask the Announcer where the nearest site was on our way home - but resisted when I told that it was Doggy Day Csre uti