Match Thread: Burton Albion v Lincoln City | Page 17 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Burton Albion v Lincoln City

Well, you can now nominate your Man of The Match on the link provided below!

In fairness to the referee, 7 or 8 of those yellows were definite yellows. Would have been a difficult game to ref for a good ref. He got the red card wrong (I think) - but not too much else. There were about 4 or 5 penalty shouts - some looked very soft but givable - but he didn't.

Well done, Imps! Cracking result given the circumstances. Burton didn't exactly need any encouragement being a niggly side having been managed by Dino but Patterson was a niggly, annoying striker as a player so they'll be well versed in that side of the game for a little while longer.

Important that we got another win on the board with performances improving over the last handful of games and a good start to what is a better February fixture wise than December/January.

Never underestimate the out of possession stuff, clean sheets are the foundations you need for games like we've had in the last three. Yes, you get the Bolton type ones where you're on the wrong end of a narrow result but you also get the ones like today. Excellent stuff.

Having not been able to listen today, can’t comment how we played but from the result, and having to play over an hour with ten men, what a superb performance from the lads. To get to 90 and find 9 mins of added time, must have been crushing but the team showed its worth to hang on and get that huge win. UTI 👊💥👏

What a big win and under such tough circumstances. So proud of the players.

Switch from defensive 5 at the back to 4 at the back and having more presence in midfield and 3 clean sheets follow plus lots of chances created. Actually been enjoyable to watch us on this mini run (ignoring the first half vs Wycombe). Hope we stick to playing Reeco on the wing and not up top though as he’s so effective there.

Really nice feeling to be excited to watch us play again and for the future!

Fantastic win and, even with biased glasses, deserved. Created the best chances even with 10.

Last season we look to lock in with 10 and secure a point which I would’ve had no problem with.

Today we still looked to carry a threat and absolutely did in transition which is clear signs of Skubala ball.

Tricky to pick a MOTM but I would go Reeco.

And absolute shout out to Ben House putting in a typically excellent Ben House performance. The perfect player for the scenario. We’re now in an enviable position of having House, Taylor, and Draper up front.

Said before the game if we win I fancy is for a run. Genuinely believe we’ll win multiple games now and push up the table away from any concerns.

Just so, so happy. UTI.

From my afternoon watching VPNed iFollow: - Reeco encapsulates‘mercurial’. More power to him
- McGrandles in the Bishop role is a no-brainer
- yet again, the other side’s commentary puts ours to shame piled on embarrassment. Yes, they wanted Burton to win but told their listeners/viewers who was doing what and were admiring of good play from whichever side

- Jackson is a penalty-box defender in the Willie Miller mould. Unfortunately, he his his equal as a striker.

- you can hitch Draper and House to the cart that carries Duffy out of the club and we’ll be so much the better for it.

After today’s superb display, I’d love to see a midfield of the two Ethans and McGrandles.

I think Conor will make the Ethans even better than they have been. A really intelligent player who is always in the game.

Slightly harsh on Bishop but he will always be useful as an impact sub.