Match Thread: Burton Albion v Lincoln City | Page 18 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Burton Albion v Lincoln City

a good 3 points. we were a bit flat in the second half, but Burton are a decent side, so no shame and we fought out the win.
Keeping an eye on the Hull v Sunderland game. Sunderland 2-1 up at half time. If Sunderland can get the win, we've 2 games in hand on Hull. If we can beat them on Saturday in a proper 6 pointer, We are on 75, they are on 82. They will only have 2 games left, we have 4. So thats 7 points behind and a potential 6 points in hand. Not exactly mission impossible, an automatic promotion place could be within our grasp. We will be in the mix anyway.

If we win all our matches we will go up autos!

I am not sure that is correct, yet, at least mathematically. Hull and Peterborough haven't finished their games. We are four points behind Hull if they lose tonight and if we win our two games in hand, so if we beat them when we play them, we will still be short of the required points if Hull win the rest of their games.

Getting a lot closer than it was 2 weeks ago though.

after a great first 45, the second was more of a battle. as we didn't pass it so well. poole had a decent half, morton and scully struggled i thought. the rest did ok.

grant needs to calm down, he will be targetted if he reacts every time he is caught on the ball.

didn't think much of burton, another scruffy team with long throw, long ball, trying to win headers. how have they won so many against top teams?

also thought we kept them quiet well in the last 5-10 minutes. another very good 3 points.

Excellent first half, and a second half battle. Poole is much improved, did T.J. play well, did we miss Bramhall, did Edun play so much better at left back than in midfield?

I watched Howarth, Anderson and Grant all work their gonads off to intercept passes, crosses and shots around the area. It was a demonstration of the the togetherness of the squad and how much those not recently involved still want to do their bit for the cause. No grandstanding, just hard work.

I think somewhere in the past it was referred to as 'minerals'.

I watched Howarth, Anderson and Grant all work their gonads off to intercept passes, crosses and shots around the area. It was a demonstration of the the togetherness of the squad and how much those not recently involved still want to do their bit for the cause. No grandstanding, just hard work.

I think somewhere in the past it was referred to as 'minerals'.

Agreed...

What a difference a week can make, with understrength sides as well. Tonight couldn't have gone better ! Playoffs look very near :rolleyes:

Terrific first half and did enough second half. Eyoma was superb - he has to stay in the team somewhere. Edun shows again he is the best left back at the club, and mist stay there now Grant is coming back to fitness.

Not sure how Tommo gave Morton man of the match. He battled, but only as anyone playing lone striker should. McGrandles was excellent again, and Jones did a good job too.