Match Thread: Boreham Wood V Lincoln City | Page 9 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Boreham Wood V Lincoln City

SkellyIsWatching - 25/11/2015 22:12

Not a good away point. Boreham Wood are rubbish and we should be beating these teams.
Don't try and dress it up.

Two points dropped

We smell Fish .

SkellyIsWatching - 25/11/2015 22:12

Not a good away point. Boreham Wood are rubbish and we should be beating these teams.
Don't try and dress it up.

Two points dropped
But is it because we didn't score enough, or didn't keep a clean sheet?
I note that the cart - horse Farman again failed to score, can't believe he keeps getting selected.

just back
afraid it was two points dropped. final result was ok because it looked like we were going to lose midway through the second half, but the manner we achieved it was disappointing. we were strangely a bit half-arsed... loads of sloppy passing and aimless long balls.
farman got it all wrong for their goal.

on that performance we need to strengthen in centre midfield if we want to stay in the top few places. i know his fans won't like it but power, yikes!! when is he ever going to have a match where he dominates midfield, and justifies his captains armband. when i see him it always seems to be the opposition midfield outplaying us.

exception tonight was bradley wood - mom for me.
and great travelling support.

less than 300 home fans, they aren't ready for this league.

i was much more impressed by the performance at welling.

Just got back. A good point considering they were the better team for me, although we should have had enough about us to win it after we went ahead. Kamdjo in midfield ran it for them, picked up all the loose balls and knocked it around very well. Jeffrey and Vilhete were threatening too. Stephens did a decent job on Rhead. Power for me was a weak link in the middle; that's where i would look to strengthen. Hearn looked unfit; a game too far? First half was even, they bossed the first 35 mins of the second and we came back for the last 10 minutes as they tired but it would have been a serious smash n grab. MOTM for me Bradley Wood, gave everything and got forward well.

Lets be clear for 50 minutes boreham wood were outstanding....width., pace and played with a nothing to lose mantra. Thats as good as we have seen away from home sometimes you just have to batten down the hatches andtakethe point which we did...great point end of...

We werent great tonight but in years gone by we wouldve lost that game. This squad are made of sterner stuff, and they are a team to be proud of (unless you are a Codhead with an agenda - see above).

Also great to see so many Imps there. Local game for me but good on all those that travelled. Hope you all had a safe journey home.

UTFI.

Boreham Wood fans on their Twitter are saying it's the best performance they've seen from their side this season. The point tonight is a point more on the board, bring on Welling.

Just got back - great imps support - we were strong at the back - Farman got his position wrong for their goal - terrific header from Rhead - midfield not strong enough improved when sparrow and tempest came on - bit one dimensional at times - they played some good stuff but someone should have seen Khadjo off

Having been to Plainmoor i was disappointed to see that Tempest was on the bench and Hawkridge was in the team. He was so off the pace when he came on at Torquay. Was it more of the same. ? Strange decision from CM.

Gritty performance that gained us a point. The game had shades of Whitehawk for me but we handled it much better and our defending was solid. Wood was magnificent. A game that we could easily have won or lost so a point is appropriate. I would have been satisfied with that before the game. Pleasantly surprised by the ground there and the facilities. All in all not a bad nights work from a poor performance.

Liked their catering arrangements - wider variety than at the Bank - did everyone get the pat down before you went in - my mate and me managed to get the young woman mmmmmmm!

Steve O'Dare - 26/11/2015

Our defending was solid. Wood was magnificent.

Wood was extremely good last night. Probably his best game in an Imps shirt.

But our defending was by no means solid. Our advanced players including midfielders failed on numerous occasions to prevent Boreham's forward play. We allowed them to play forward centrally far too often and failed to pressure them into wider and less dangerous positions. We have to defend from the front a lot better than that.

It's a good job their finishing was poor or else that game would have been a defeat.

2 points dropped.

Is it two points dropped considering you've just painted a picture of us being particularly poor?

I'd suggest a point having played poor is one gained.

First of all I am happy with a point. Second of all I just read the echo player ratings which gave Muldoon a 9/10 MOTM and Wood a 6/10 when he was by far the best player on the pitch! It actually makes me angry that someone can see a player who hardly created anything and left his RB two on one most of the game (not saying he had a bad game though) get a higher rating than someone who was like superman all night and laid a winner on a plate for anyone who gambled at the end.

We were lucky not to lose they played well but for the life of me I have no idea why at half time we didn't add a defensive midfielder for Hearn and push power and the wingers further forward. It was so clear that we needed it and everyone in the crowd could see we were being battered in midfield while two isolated strikers just watched. When we did get the ball our options were two narrow strikers with no width and none of them running the channels. I hope Moyses sorts his tactics out for future games when we are being overrun in midfield as the only thing that stopped them scoring 6 was poor finishing. They opened us up time and again. However, a point on the road then if we win at home to Welling thats a good weeks work. UTI

I would have gone to three/five in the middle as well - it was clear to see that we needed an extra body in there to break up play and pick up the loose balls. Tactically a poor game for Moyses IMO - I think we should have started with Sparrow and Stanley sitting, power playing off Rhead and Tempest and Muldoon on the flanks. Hearn was clearly very rusty/knackered after three games in quick succession.