Match Thread: Boreham Wood V Lincoln City | Page 10 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Boreham Wood V Lincoln City

Team looked lethargic

We don't win the second balls and looked like we lacked urgency

Sparrow and Stanley have to be the 2 in CM if we are playing 4-4-2 away from home (see the Aldershot performance)

With Hearn out of sorts a 4-2-3-1 would have suited power more last night

My concern is we weren't compact enough. Bwood players were in the space Between the CM and the CBs

Opinions on Hawkridge? I have to say, after early promise he seems to have gone off the boil recently, although I should stress I've only seen home performances.

I'm surprised Hearn started last night to be honest. I'm not sure it'd be wise to play him in all 3 games this week.

Unless this new guy is going straight in on Saturday?!

Hawkridge just isn't suited to a 4-4-2. If we were playing 4-2-3-1 i'm sure he would have had a better game. I also feel his best position might be in the 'Power' role behind Rhead. Tempest is your man for a 4-4-2 and also with Beavers at left back in the first half we didn't have a single left-footer on the pitch which made us so predictable and narrow when attacking.

Luke Imp - 26/11/2015 10:58

I'm surprised Hearn started last night to be honest. I'm not sure it'd be wise to play him in all 3 games this week.

Unless this new guy is going straight in on Saturday?!
Kyle Wooton is still here for the Saturday game this week so either he, Hearn or the new guy could be in line for a start. Plenty of options there.