Match Thread: Bolton Wanderers v Lincoln City | Page 29 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Bolton Wanderers v Lincoln City

Poor result, some good play - certainly in it for much of the game.

Given Bolton's financial cheating and fraud, allied with spending money that's not theirs (again and again and again) and their recent form they should have hammered us... See Sunderland for details.

Still five points above 21st spot.

Onward to the next game....

Come on you Imps!!!!!!

Same old again tonight. We play well in parts but you just know there'll be periods in the game were we are so vulnerable.

For us to attack well we have to have many passes and runs and touches all come together in over move which is very difficult so when it works you have to score, and we usually don't.

For the opposition to attack well they have to out muscle us or wait for a sloppy pass in a dangerous area.

In short we're too easy to play against and not quite good or consistent enough to play the way we try to.

When was the last time we won a scrappy 1-0?

Same old again tonight. We play well in parts but you just know there'll be periods in the game were we are so vulnerable.

For us to attack well we have to have many passes and runs and touches all come together in over move which is very difficult so when it works you have to score, and we usually don't.

For the opposition to attack well they have to out muscle us or wait for a sloppy pass in a dangerous area.

In short we're too easy to play against and not quite good or consistent enough to play the way we try to.

When was the last time we won a scrappy 1-0?

No game management. No nous. No clue. Sums up MA.

I really thought MApp was the answer, perhaps he is but something is wrong. Jury out on all loan signings season wide bar BNC who is a class above. Perhaps these loans are good players just not deployed correctly.

Depressing !
Not sure where you deploy any player that won't tackle or block a shot, plays 30 yard square balls across a crowded area, and makes no attempt to clean up a mess of his making.
I don't rate Adelakun, but I'd play him in front of Whittaker.
We are getting deeper in the brown stuff by the game. It's painfully inept at times.

I don't even know what to make of it. Literally predicted 3-1 and would have taken any sort of result, so it's not unprecedented on the one hand.

But we play WELL and have a lot of the game, but still get beaten again. Three soft as shit goals conceded and at the other end we still miss gilt edged chances. To concede three today is ridiculous. Its such a familiar and infuriating pattern, and by signing three forwards we seem to have barely changed! Can say on balance of play we deserved something every single week but it is going to cut it, and God forbid we actually start playing badly in between the boxes.

We are basically the antithesis of the Cowley lincoln side, instead of finding some way to win when playing poorly and being a nightmare to play against, we will contrive to lose each game by profligacy at one end and negligence at the back. Two home games in a row now, too.
That last para is so so true Rasen.

Shocking and depressing. Appleton won't change. His team can't play out from the back under pressure and just give away goals when they need to lump it. Too many weak players and loan players who don't care. Play eleven nasty bastards and we only have one (Poole)and Maguire who has been woeful last two games. Formation change needed as too attacking and woeful at the back. Why is the Colonel not playing. Again we have a chance if Candles and the Colonel play in front of the creaky defence. Time for Whitaker to pay back his loan fee and fuck off.

Shocking and depressing. Appleton won't change. His team can't play out from the back under pressure and just give away goals when they need to lump it. Too many weak players and loan players who don't care. Play eleven nasty bastards and we only have one (Poole)and Maguire who has been woeful last two games. Formation change needed as too attacking and woeful at the back. Why is the Colonel not playing. Again we have a chance if Candles and the Colonel play in front of the creaky defence. Time for Whitaker to pay back his loan fee and fuck off.
You need to get of the fence

Perhaps we are coaching and developing players in training but to the detriment of match day, as it appears we haven't a clue, sometimes with the basics.

This will not be received kindly, but the manager must prey to a statue of Brennan Johnson every night. If not for that boy, I’m not sure he’d still be in a job. Meanwhile, Jez George must prey to a statue of Michael Appleton preying to a statue of Brennan Johnson. If not for Appleton‘s links, I’m also not sure Jez would be in a job.