Match Thread: Bolton Wanderers v Lincoln City | Page 28 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Bolton Wanderers v Lincoln City

I really thought MApp was the answer, perhaps he is but something is wrong. Jury out on all loan signings season wide bar BNC who is a class above. Perhaps these loans are good players just not deployed correctly.

Depressing !

Our season in a nutshell there. Could have gone either way up to we giving away those last two poor goals.

McGrandles my MOM closely followed by Norton-Cuffy but we did have I'm afraid a couple of passengers in that side tonight and that is always going to make any match very difficult

In his first game against Oxford he really looked the part but since then , he’s looked half arsed. His poor tracking for their third about summed him up.

He was also good against Sunderland ~ defensively too. Bit weird since then, does look half committed for some reason. At least he is just a loan player. And at least Marquis is just on a short deal.

Disappointed but nevertheless I’ve enjoyed your company on here as always. We’ve our backs ever closer to the wall now. Something has to change. Not really sure what though. Feels like we are relying on 3-4 key players and then a lack of game strategy.

Anyway sleep well. We go again Saturday home to Gillingham

He was also good against Sunderland ~ defensively too. Bit weird since then, does look half committed for some reason. At least he is just a loan player. And at least Marquis is just on a short deal.

I bet that’s what they are thinking too!

I don't even know what to make of it. Literally predicted 3-1 and would have taken any sort of result, so it's not unprecedented on the one hand.

But we play WELL and have a lot of the game, but still get beaten again. Three soft as shit goals conceded and at the other end we still miss gilt edged chances. To concede three today is ridiculous. Its such a familiar and infuriating pattern, and by signing three forwards we seem to have barely changed! Can say on balance of play we deserved something every single week but it is not going to cut it, and God forbid we actually start playing badly in between the boxes.

We are basically the antithesis of the Cowley lincoln side, instead of finding some way to win when playing poorly and being a nightmare to play against, we will contrive to lose each game by profligacy at one end and negligence at the back. Two home games in a row now, too.

Last edited:
Our season in a nutshell there. Could have gone either way up to we giving away those last two poor goals.

McGrandles my MOM closely followed by Norton-Cuffy but we did have I'm afraid a couple of passengers in that side tonight and that is always going to make any match very difficult

Yes I need to comment that I got it wrong regarding Whittaker he was pretty poor