Match Thread: Blackpool v Lincoln City | Page 18 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Blackpool v Lincoln City

duffy was a positive but clearly more suited going forward than defending. as was the continued incremental improvement in makama. but these are more for the future than the very difficult here and now.

Noble performance under the circumstances but we are not good enough. Not sure if this is due to the unavailability of players or the limitations of the players or the limitations of the coach. Time will tell which one it is
Let me answer your dilemma immediately. Nine (that's one less than ten) players out of the side who would command a first team place. FFS, let's be realistic here, we're in a mess, but not of any Michael Skubala's making.

Was always going to be a tough Xmas period with Derby, Bolton, Northampton and Blackpool - at least January looks easier with Derby and Posh...!

These next two weeks are important in terms of 'ins', getting players back and time on the training ground.
The injured players coming back will need a few weeks to get match fit, if Draper is injured then the curse continues. Funds need to be found to bring in new blood if we are to avoid a relegation threatened season.

Positives:
Slightly more attacking intent from the off
Slightly more link up play at times
Duffy - Oh look he's a left winger in the making

Negatives:
To concede from an uncontested header to a cross floated in from an unfavourable angle defies words
Execution and decision making
powder puff in and around opposition penalty area

Formation after Sorensen was forced off:

Somebody will put my stupidity and non existent football knowledge to bed but in adeversity I did think
4-4-1-1
TJ to right back, Brown to left back, Jackson attacking the ball, Mitchell sweeping
Smith/Hamilton - left foot right foot midfield
Duffy left wing, Adelakin/Shodipo wide right
Makama behind Vale, with the latter looking to run in behind.

People with coaching experience, feel free to shred me to bits.
Spot on there Hull. When Sorensen went off it should have been a no brainer to switch to a 4 with TJ at RB and Brown at LB with Duffy wide left forward. At that stage we still had time to get back in the game as Blackpool were ordinary.

No idea why we stayed with a back 5.

The worrying thing today is Blackpool have been very poor but still won easily. We dominated early on but had no threat at all in front of goal. Once we’d given them their first goal the outcome was never in doubt

Spot on there Hull. When Sorensen went off it should have been a no brainer to switch to a 4 with TJ at RB and Brown at LB with Duffy wide left forward. At that stage we still had time to get back in the game as Blackpool were ordinary.

No idea why we stayed with a back 5.

And this is what worries me, with Skubala having a full squad to choose from, will he make the correct choices?

Interview just now ‘got done on a set piece, we need to improve’. How many weeks have we had to work on leaking goals from set pieces?

Players have no confidence and are absolutely shattered unfortunately.

Completely unlucky with Draper getting injured too. (Due to Grimsby pitch according to Walsall fans forum I saw).

Difficult game against a nasty side but we move on.
The thing is we move on to Wycombe, Derby and Peterborough !

Let me answer your dilemma immediately. Nine (that's one less than ten) players out of the side who would command a first team place. FFS, let's be realistic here, we're in a mess, but not of any Michael Skubala's making.
Yeah but he is underperforming Kennedy who had the same variables.

No miracle and happy end then unfortunately.

I thought we started positive but it counts for nothing.

We managed again only one shot on target which is hardly any front foot football. On top of that we can't defend for shit under Skubala neither so writing was on the wall.

At the moment it looks like we got rid of manager who was on the boring side but knew how to grind results. Instead we appointed one that is even more boring and can't get results. Brilliant decision ....

Relegation is very much an option with this man in charge I'm afraid.

Good God, I actually think I need to log out for the night. The state of some of the usual suspects being negative is frankly embarrassing. I genuinely think some people can't wait to post their crap after matches.