Match Thread: Blackburn V Villa, Sat,15th, 5.30PM (Sky) | Page 25 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Blackburn V Villa, Sat,15th, 5.30PM (Sky)

Both Rotherham and Sheff Weds have come into a bit of form so time for the management and dare I say the players to stop fannying around and get the season kick started .

It's not just the performance; seems to me some players are going backwards. McGinn's best performance was his first game for use. Yesterday in front of goal I think he froze; both shots were poor.

We can't go on like this, a team with top 2 potential struggling to hang on to mid table. It's not that something isn't working; it's that as team we're a shambles and the only thing which saves us at all is that we have some very good players who have a moment of class.

Mc Ginn's strength is his engine and mobility, as regards his shooting, yesterday was poor but at least he shoots and will eventually succeed. Jack rarely shoots and his one effort yeterday was embarrasssing. Room for improvement from both in that respect.

A brief comment on Abraham, thought he did OK but had two more than decent chances that should have been put away. Got to find a way of allowing Kodja to play and support/compliment him and allow Grealish more of the ball in the final third. Playing a solely defensive midfield holding player with no vision or speed of thought and an isolated striker hasn't worked, yet we've been doing it for two seasons.

I’d like to see McGinn and Hourihane playing in midfield together with Grealish in front of them.

Please, Bruce, stop playing Elmohamady, it’s just head down and blindly whack it into the box, no creativity at all and nearly every attack breaks down because of it. Not necessarily his fault as that’s what he’s done his entire career and why Bruce signed him but having Kodjia, El Ghazi and Bolasie on the bench to accommodate him is a joke.

Bruce has to understand the mentality that a draw these days at home is as good as a loss and for once go for it.
Anything short of 3 points is criminal.

I've had today to calm down and reflect on what I witnessed yesterday. On the coach on the way back my lad showed me Bruce's interview and he wasn't at the same game as me. Yes the 5000 were a bit quiet but believe me when your watching the same shit unfold in front of you it kills hope and excitement. Every minute that this bloke stays in charge is a minute lost. I don't give a toss if we beat Rotherham and Wednesday, fuck him off and his band of apologists. Two best bits of yesterday were the white bull pub and seeing the villa wear wolf for the first time in years. I don't know if the powers that be read these forums but please change it, we have some descent players , we need a descent coaching team.

Really with that much attacking ability in the squad we should be obliterating teams, but yet Bruce plays a right back in a forward 3. The most irritating thing is Bruce bought a load of attaching players and still played with just 1 centre forward. The game changed when kodija came on, could we play 2 forwards? Play some attacking forward passing with the players moving into space. Definition of madness, doing the same thing but expecting different results.

Let's hope that the club has people who understand football to read Villa forums in order to gauge feelings etc and to pass back information to the CEO and owners.

And let's hope that they fully understand that when a manager loses the support of our big and loyal away fans then that manager needs to be removed ASAP before it gets even more unpleasant.

Let's hope that the people who run Villa do not make changes on the basis of forum posts, let's hope they completely ignore the nonsense that is posted on the internet and run the club in a professional way.

Our manager managed, the shit, Wigan, Sunderland, Huddersfield, crystal Palace why the fuck is he the wholly grail for Aston villa?

Most of it to be honest. Sack him, appoint this person etc etc. Since having children I fail to have patience with it to be honest, it reminds me of the silly conversations I have with my 7 year old too much.

Most of it to be honest. Sack him, appoint this person etc etc. Since having children I fail to have patience with it to be honest, it reminds me of the silly conversations I have with my 7 year old too much.

I agree with your 7 year old, Bruce out :LOL:(y)