Match Thread: Blackburn V Villa, Sat,15th, 5.30PM (Sky) | Page 23 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Blackburn V Villa, Sat,15th, 5.30PM (Sky)

he works in an environment where he is a coach and has little to do with transfers. Would that be OK here?

Well, he would get more out of the squad at his disposal that Bruce seems able to, on that basis. I'm not saying I am a Dean Smith fan as such, but he gets his teams playing as a team, greater than the sum of their parts. Which is what it is all about surely?

Does Terry have his badges? I'm sure I read he needed to complete his UEFA licence(s) before he could assume a head coach/manager role. Could be wrong on that.

Another conclusion from tonight as if we needed it

Adomah and Elmo produce nothing going forward. I cannot fault their work rate in their defensive duties but christ, i find my heart sinking when the ball comes to them because I know it will all break down

Another conclusion from tonight as if we needed it

Adomah and Elmo produce nothing going forward. I cannot fault their work rate in their defensive duties but christ, i find my heart sinking when the ball comes to them because I know it will all break down
Work rate ? Defensive duties ?

Because he’s a manager who’s currently losing games and the first reaction is to make sure you keep it tight to try to prevent conceding in the next game.

It’s like a managers natural regression when things aren’t going to plan.

My view is to go out and attack, I can accept conceding a goal a game as we did today, however we aren’t creating enough clear cut chances to win a game 2 or 3-1. We need to be putting 4-5 chances on a plate for our strikers, I can recall maybe two off the top of my head

Because he’s a manager who’s currently losing games and the first reaction is to make sure you keep it tight to try to prevent conceding in the next game.

My view is to go out and attack, I can accept conceding a goal a game as we did today, however we aren’t creating enough clear cut chances to win a game 2 or 3-1. We need to be putting 4-5 chances on a plate for our strikers, I can recall maybe two off the top of my head

Well if you had two chances off the top of your head danvilla, you should either jump a bit higher, or time your runs a bit better.

This.

Don't care what he says Bruce is defensive minded. Adomah and Elmo were safety first.

I think its just a new season and its taking time for all the kids to get back into the swing of things. However Bruce needs to wake up and smell the coffee, we have 2 games this week and need 6 points or we are going to lose touch with the top 3-4 in the table.
Before someone points out its a marathon and not a sprint I understand that but when the team are not capable of putting a run together .....

5 points off the top and two home games.... need 6 points.
Not easy games but the Owls are one point ahead of us and the Millers are one point behind. I will be disappointed if we don't see both off comfortably.

Is he still here, come on Nassef and Wes give him the bullet, we've got some bloody good players here who game after game look like they have never met before.

Blackburn tried to win the game, fuck knows what we were trying to do. Just fuck off Bruce!
Brentford are already 4 points above us, we a team of nobodies

I'm absolutely pissed off with it

Worrying thing is that we've had an easy start and the easy run continues from now until the end of October. OK there are some tidy teams in there, but none where we could say we'd have to play to our strengths (which we haven't done yet this season) to stand a chance of getting a result. If we haven't clawed our way back well into the top 6 by the end of October we'll be dangerously off the pace.

The Sky bod said we have 4 home matches out of the next six and should aim to win them all. Dead right; 12 points out of 18 is mid table stuff and we have to do better than that.

It sickens me to see players of the quality of Abraham and Kodjia on the pitch and to know that they are getting almost no chances. We have promotion quality players and a mid table team.

I thought we played decent today and showed all the qualities of a team that will be in the hat come end of season...lighten up guys.

Just got back. I t was getting very ugly before the goal but the away fans have well and truly turned and when that happens there is only one outcome. We should be playing far far better than this and I know there is some new players but Abraham was getting well fed up with some of the supposed service he was receiving and with the personnel we have we should be on the front foot and taking the game to the opposition. We aren't suited to playing on the counter it just doesn't work.

I can concur that was shit today and there was no shock factor In it being shit. I'm not even bothering to pick out certain players for this and that because this clown in charge doesn't know his best 11 or how to play them. Find me one fan who was there today that thinks we played well.

Don’t matter if you’re there in person or on the tube, shit is shit. Incompetent is incompetent. No style, no clue, just a bunch of individuals told to “put their boots on and give it a go”