Match Thread: Blackburn V Villa, Sat,15th, 5.30PM (Sky) | Page 27 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Blackburn V Villa, Sat,15th, 5.30PM (Sky)

Anyone else starting to think we may have been better off selling Grealish. I know hindsight is a wonderful thing etc but he isn't the same player. Hope he gets his focus and form back.
McGinn appears to be quickly going backwards.
El Ghazi dropped already?
If we fail to beat Rotherham I can see it getting ugly again

Thinks it's on the cards Grealish will go in January, if Bruce is still here. It was the owners who insisted he stayed in the summer; I think Bruce would have been happy if he'd had the cash to spend on yet more signings.

Grealish's form is down to the shambles he has to play in; it's to his credit that in spite of his form he can still impact on games. You're right, Silhill; the shine is wearing off McGinn, and El-Ghazi, who looks dangerous, hasn't been given a chance.

It’s a shame that we have such a talented player in Jack Grealish, and fans are saying we should sell him. Meanwhile this bloke Dack - barely heard of him, has an OK game against us and everyone is raving about him. We hold our own players to a ridiculous standard - every other club in league would love to have Grealish in their starting 11 but half of our fans slag him off and say we should sell him :shake:

I don't think we should sell him, but he seriously needs to up his game. I don't think the way Bruce sets up the team does Grealish any favours, but he's no good to us when he's farting about in the full-back areas or coming deep to pick up the ball from the centre-backs.

Dack, for instance (since you mentioned him) ran the show on Saturday and did more in 90 minutes than Jack has done all season so far. I'm not sure many would want him in their side on current form, to be fair.

I like the boy and I am glad we kept him. But now he needs to show us what he's got in his locker and start to show everyone why he's a £25m player. If, indeed, he is.

It’s a shame that we have such a talented player in Jack Grealish, and fans are saying we should sell him. Meanwhile this bloke Dack - barely heard of him, has an OK game against us and everyone is raving about him. We hold our own players to a ridiculous standard - every other club in league would love to have Grealish in their starting 11 but half of our fans slag him off and say we should sell him :shake:

David, there is no doubt Grealish is a talent and I think he has suffered from Terry leaving (seemed to be close and gain confidence from him)

Bradley Dack is quality, I’ve raved about him since seeing quite a bit of him at Gillingham. He thrives on being the main man ,he creates and scores, many wasn’t sure he was capable of stepping up from league 1, but he looked too good for that level , might be a Prem player sometime

David, there is no doubt Grealish is a talent and I think he has suffered from Terry leaving (seemed to be close and gain confidence from him)

Bradley Dack is quality, I’ve raved about him since seeing quite a bit of him at Gillingham. He thrives on being the main man ,he creates and scores, many wasn’t sure he was capable of stepping up from league 1, but he looked too good for that level , might be a Prem player sometime

Yes fatloser I remember you championing Dack a long time ago. I also kept saying Roofe when he was at Oxford. Maybe we should be scouting rather than the ones we have.

I don't think we should sell him, but he seriously needs to up his game. I don't think the way Bruce sets up the team does Grealish any favours, but he's no good to us when he's farting about in the full-back areas or coming deep to pick up the ball from the centre-backs.

Dack, for instance (since you mentioned him) ran the show on Saturday and did more in 90 minutes than Jack has done all season so far. I'm not sure many would want him in their side on current form, to be fair.

I like the boy and I am glad we kept him. But now he needs to show us what he's got in his locker and start to show everyone why he's a £25m player. If, indeed, he is.

I get what you're saying, and agree he needs to be up the field to be dangerous. That said, everyone would be losing their mind yelling at what a lazy player Jack is if he didn't track back and put in challenges at the back.

It's not Jack's fault that we're set up in a way that keeps the ball in our defensive third the entire match...

Yes fatloser I remember you championing Dack a long time ago. I also kept saying Roofe when he was at Oxford. Maybe we should be scouting rather than the ones we have.

You’re right Fulford, I can’t really remember the last “lower league” player we took a punt on that came good. We seem to either go for the Jordan Bowerys, a dodgy French league player we tend to pay over the odds for, an unknown Scandinavian or a “proven championship player” that we then turn shit......once in a blue moon we find a Benteke

Agreed, and I would suggest he will be an asset in any side that has a coherent plan on how to approach a game of football.