Match Thread: Blackburn V Villa, Sat,15th, 5.30PM (Sky) | Page 21 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Blackburn V Villa, Sat,15th, 5.30PM (Sky)

AND THAT IS WGY JACK GREALISH IS KILLING US !!!!!!.
Houruhane is better , i wish fecking people would get tgeir eyescout their backside.

Grealish has dine NOTHING this season..... NOTHING !!!!!!

Bit harsh to single him out. He did win the FK that Hourihane scored from.

Another poor performance, game 7 and of those we’ve probably played well for maybe 180 mins in totality and that’s being generous.

Everything is wrong with the team, tactics, substitutions.

Week after week we’re watching a team full of individual talent struggle to control a game let alone put the opposition under pressure for long enough periods they crack.

I hope Hourihanes goal hasn’t saved Bruce if the owners are in any mind of giving him the chop. Unfortunately I think the owners will be content at the moment unless it goes drastically downhill - a few more Bramall lanes.

I don’t understand the media love affair with Bruce, if we sack him there will be uproar from pundits and fellow fans alike about how he nearly got us promoted again but when you see the drivel on display every week then you know it has to change.

I came into the season with high hopes when we kicked off against Hull, I gave Bruce the benefit of the doubt, even said it would be mad to get rid of him but I, and a few other, said he’s got ten games to prove himself. Three more bad displays and even the owners will figure he has to be replaced or we will write off the season - it’s as simple as that.

With or without Bruce we would never get relegated, so we need to take the chance.

The guy on sky has just summed Bruce up saying he doesn’t pick the right players or set us up correctly despite the talent we have
Basically what the majority of supporters have been saying for months then? Hopefully this marks the start of the media admitting what we've all been seeing.

Yeah but literally everything is the fault of jack grealish. Even if we'd sold him it'd still be his fault somehow.

I’ve been constructively critical of jack in the past however there’s too much pressure on him to be the creative player, carry the ball, link up with the front man AND get back in shape defensively.

His stats and contribution do need to improve, when you’re in stands unlike us lot today you’re always hoping and praying for jack to do something special from midfield and if someone has the ball you hope they’ll find the ball to jack for him to then do something.

Hopefully Bolasie and El Gazi will be able to be more threatening down the wings which hopefully will take the pressure off jack.

It was his only contribution to the game
Not disputing that mate. But as it turned out it was a significant contribution. I'll hold off criticising players until they're sent out with a clear plan of what they're trying to achieve. He's certainly not at the top of his game though undoubtedly.

We need to make things happen and dictate games. Go 4-4-2 with two wide players and ball playing midfielders supplying Kodjia and Abraham. No Jedinak or Whelan for me.
But, and it’s a big but, we still desperately need a dominant centre half. I think we could do with a left back as well.

Can't see any reason to delay getting rid. Surely we all agree it's inevitable now?

Not saying it's right but looking at the league table we are in touch. While that remains just cannot see them making the decision.

We all know that it should be much better performance and points wise. I don't think owners see it like we do. I.e as early . They will wait .

with the current manager
& whatever the system is supposed to be - he contributes very little.
Bruce would be scared to drop him but I doubt it'll be his choice for many more games like that.

(tbf most of the players deliver way below what they should be)