Match Thread: Barnsley v Lincoln City | Page 18 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Barnsley v Lincoln City

You get what you deserve really. Albert Hall theatrical pomposity or blood and guts City away day on a Saturday afternoon. It should be a no brainier.
mmmmm - maybe you should go to an RMB concert and see if there is any theatrical pomposity - I didn't notice any -or maybe you shoould stand next to a Royal Marine and accuse him of theatrical pomposity and see how you get on

I had a great day all round, thanks and yes, I probably deserved it

I was at the 5-1 wins at Doncaster, Chesterfield and Hyde. I seem to remember we were behind at half-time at Chesterfield and the Doncaster game came at the end of a long goal drought - 4 against Scunthorpe and 5 at Doncaster in successive games. They don't come along very often, so let's savour this one because it is the best of the lot.

Picture the scene. You are in the Royal Albert Hall, about to see a concert by HM Royal Marines Band, which starts at 2pm. You sneak a look at your phone and see a very attacking line up has been named. You take a look during the interval and see we are 1-0 up. You take another look at half time in the match and it's still 1-0. If we can hold on to that, I'll be really happy but even if it ends 1-1, I'll be OK wirth that.

Then Mrs Pompey announces 'Thou shall not look at thy phone again until the concert has finished' OK, fair enough.

As the last notes of the encore fade to an echo, the phone comes out, the screen is refreshed and Blooy Hell, 5-1!!. I nearly fell off the balcony. While all around are comparing notes and saying what an excellent concert it had been, all I could say way was, Bloody Hell, we've beaten Barnsley 5-1, over and over again!

I was looking forward to watching the whole match replay but have now realised it's a Hortin-Gordon (shit)show, so I'll have to hope there's a no commentary option

What a day, what a score, what a team and club we have - UTI
Your solution is smart watch/ fitness tracker, they link to your phone and pick up notifications, much more discrete. I was at a family event then driving home with a car full during the 2nd half when my watch was going mad!

Your solution is smart watch/ fitness tracker, they link to your phone and pick up notifications, much more discrete. I was at a family event then driving home with a car full during the 2nd half when my watch was going mad!
Good suggestion but with my eyesight not being the best, I'd still have to look at the phone to check what had happemed!

I've now watched the full match replay and thoroughly enjoyed it, Hotinballs not withstanding. As well as buggering the equipment, at one stage he informed listeners that Lincoln had scroed 5 second half goals and were leading 6-1. The gift that keeps on giving - if only he'd give them to someone else!

I was looking forward to watching the whole match replay but have now realised it's a Hortin-Gordon (shit)show, so I'll have to hope there's a no commentary option

What a day, what a score, what a team and club we have - UTI

To hear the Home commentary:

If you go on iFollow for the replay of a game and press the ‘cogwheel’ at the bottom right, then press the audio option you have the choice of either the home or the away commentary.

It is great to hear the Barnsley commentary for this game. It works for all games.

If you go on iFollow for the replay of a game and press the ‘cogwheel’ at the bottom right, then press the audio option you have the choice of the home or away commentary.

It is great to hear the Barnsley commentary for this game.
I tried that but it didn't seem to work, so it was Hortinballs or nothing this morning!

If you go on iFollow for the replay of a game and press the ‘cogwheel’ at the bottom right, then press the audio option you have the choice of either the home or the away commentary.

It is great to hear the Barnsley commentary for this game. It works for all games.
If you want to read a good and fair match report read the one in the Barnsley Chronicle. How we have missed that since the days of the great Maurice Burton.

Utterly glorious. Jack Moylan, I love you! (in a very hero-worship-like, manly way, of course!)
We've seen glimpses, but it all came out in 45 minutes. Jez George,
If you want to read a good and fair match report read the one in the Barnsley Chronicle. How we have missed that since the days of the great Maurice Burton.

The Yorkshire Post's account is accurate as well.

Utterly glorious. Jack Moylan, I love you! (in a very hero-worship-like, manly way, of course!)
We've seen glimpses, but it all came out in 45 minutes. Jez George,

The Yorkshire Post's account is accurate as well.
Bit of trivia - the YP cricket correspondent is a Lincoln lad

mmmmm - maybe you should go to an RMB concert and see if there is any theatrical pomposity - I didn't notice any -or maybe you shoould stand next to a Royal Marine and accuse him of theatrical pomposity and see how you get on

I had a great day all round, thanks and yes, I probably deserved it
Glad you enjoyed it.

Last time I was there, was to see Hawkwind supported by Arthur Brown; last September. A marvellous night, capped off by bumping into an ex-pupil outside one of the local pubs afterwards - a d he was only visiting, down from Barnard Castle... Pure happenstance!

Last time I was there, was to see Hawkwind supported by Arthur Brown; last September. A marvellous night, capped off by bumping into an ex-pupil outside one of the local pubs afterwards - a d he was only visiting, down from Barnard Castle... Pure happenstance!
Similar to when John Inverdale went to Spain on holiday when working for Radio Lincs, and the first person he saw in his hotel was Colin Murphy.

In the late 1980s, I was on holiday with my wife-to-be (later my ex-wife-to-be) and went to a pub in Weymouth town centre called the Black Dog. There was a band playing and the bar staff were wearing togas for some strange reason. One of the barmaids was in a rotten mood, her toga kept slipping and she was constantly arguing with the customers; her name was Jo and she was a joy to watch.

The following night, my wife-to-be stated that we were not going back to the Black Dog on the basis that she was not going to sit and watch me ogling the barmaid all night.

We got in the car, drove four miles out of Weymouth and found a nice pub called the Old Spice Ship; we walked in, and guess who was behind the bar?

Similar to when John Inverdale went to Spain on holiday when working for Radio Lincs, and the first person he saw in his hotel was Colin Murphy.

In the late 1980s, I was on holiday with my wife-to-be (later my ex-wife-to-be) and went to a pub in Weymouth town centre called the Black Dog. There was a band playing and the bar staff were wearing togas for some strange reason. One of the barmaids was in a rotten mood, her toga kept slipping and she was constantly arguing with the customers; her name was Jo and she was a joy to watch.

The following night, my wife-to-be stated that we were not going back to the Black Dog on the basis that she was not going to sit and watch me ogling the barmaid all night.

We got in the car, drove four miles out of Weymouth and found a nice pub called the Old Spice Ship; we walked in, and guess who was behind the bar?
Sounds like she missed out the wife part and went straight from 'to be', to 'ex'.

So when we won at Port Vale a few weeks back we were the biggest bunch of shithouses in the division according to the Vale fans.
Yesterday we were a division 3 pub team beating the Premier league one season visitors , surprised they didn't call a non-league side.
Clearly they don't have league tables in Barnsley, it was 4th v 10th before kick off
Back handed compliments?

Watched a couple of YouTube clips of their fans and 3 quotes:

1 second best side here this season
2 fair play lincoln were the better side
3 i said lincoln would finish in top 6 and you all laughed - you're not laughing now

I listened to the Barnsley commentary for a change, very good. Now, imagine a Yorkshireman pronouncing Roughan. It was exactly as you’re saying it in your mind.