Match Thread: Aston Villa v Middlesbrough, Sat 16th March 2019, 3pm | Page 7 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Aston Villa v Middlesbrough, Sat 16th March 2019, 3pm

If we continue our form we’ll finish comfortably in 5th place and have Albion in a two game playoff with Leeds/Sheff Utd in the final.

Think maybe the rest will refresh them for the final charge. McGinn's impact on his return may be because of the two-match layoff.

Nice to have Davis back. Seems he did OK.
Davis offers something else and im surprised we didnt use him when he was on the bench in games when it wasnt going so well.

What a great day, not only have I got a signed copy of Sir Brians book, had my photo taken with him.
I then get in the ground and find No Hourhane in the squad and we go on to produce the most dominant performance of the season with Glen Whelan outshining SJM and Super Jack what a performance from the boys today get in there Wembley here we come:wahey::wahey:

Another great win and just rewards for the players who now look like they refuse to accept getting beaten through any lack of effort and running.

It's always much nicer to go into one of these international breaks with a win - I just hope we can pick up where we left off.

Let's hope those on international duty return uninjured.

UTV.

4 on the bounce eh ? that weather was horrible, could tell they were trying to keep it on the ground in the first half with how strong that wind was. Gutted I’m away when we play Bristol now as that’ll be a big game!

Just back from the game. Great performance. McGinn outstanding, Whelan never put a foot long, Jack was...well, Jack. Mings! I can't find enough superlatives to describe this player. The whole team was magnificent.

That was as dominant performance as you could get. How are Middlesborough in the play off places ? They were dreadful even for a Pulis team.

It amazing how all our players look really comfortable on the ball , it must be a confidence thing and we played ourselves out of some tight situations with some top football. I suppose it helps when your centre halves can play but even Whelan and Taylor are looking good on the ball.