Match Thread: Aston Villa v Middlesbrough, Sat 16th March 2019, 3pm | Page 14 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Aston Villa v Middlesbrough, Sat 16th March 2019, 3pm

Just noticed Boro have only conceded 31 goals in 37 games best defence in the league and we've hit 6 past them.
If we play like this against the rest of the teams we'll make the playoffs no problems

Frighteningly that 6 could have easily have been 10 or 12

We've become the team no one wants to play against. Now we just have to sustain this good run. I actually think we've another level we can reach, Grealish probably still wasn't fully match fit in any of those 4 and Tammy hasn't quite been firing as he was. If that improves we'll be a real dangerous proposition.

Tricky one, if he isn't scoring he's a bit of a passenger as his hold up play is poor and I don't think he's got many assists . Not that kodija is any better in either . Davis is probably best at holding the ball up, plus a decent assist v Boro

Tricky one, if he isn't scoring he's a bit of a passenger as his hold up play is poor and I don't think he's got many assists . Not that kodija is any better in either . Davis is probably best at holding the ball up, plus a decent assist v Boro

True but I feel Tammy brings the unquantifiable 'he poses a threat/is a danger/gets special consideration from the backline' quality. I feel like teams just mark him tight and have a 'keep him in sight' policy now. Not to mention he was carrying us for a while there and thats probably wore him down.

Kodjia is so out of it I dont think he is paid much attention and as well as that his terrible work rate hurts what DS wants to do. As soon as the ball is lost Kodjia is flapping his arms but Tammy works hard and Davis would too. I'd be more inclined to just give Davis 60 mins if Tammy goes another couple without a goal but I think he just needs a rest, the break may do him well.