Match Thread: Aston Villa v Bournemouth, Sat 17th August, 3pm | Page 30 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Aston Villa v Bournemouth, Sat 17th August, 3pm

FWIW, fat **** sam was right and wrong. Right that we need £30-40m players in each position but wrong in that we only needed three. In an ideal world we’d have spent £300-400m on a dozen players. As it is, we’ve got to go with what we’ve got. I’d imagine we’ve got half a dozen players good enough for the prem. worst case scenario, we’ve got the basis of a cracking promotion squad for next season

We'll have less of that positivity........ we'll have to sell anybody who's any good if we get relegated. Spurs, Man U and Man C have already got first dibs on three.

I don't know what all this squad of 25 is about....... Lord Ron didn't need one. And as for wages, if they ain't on £100 000 a week, they must be shit. The new owners have got this badly wrong.

Reactions: OVB
I doubt many will agree with this.

However I'd readjust the midfield:

I'd put Hourihane in for Grealish and and move Jack out to the left instead of El Ghazi.

McGinn can roam forward into advance positions, Conor and Doug allow for some protection, and we still retain the deadball quality. Jack can drift wide, cut in, roam, draw fouls etc. I'm just unsure of the natural balance.

FWIW, fat **** sam was right and wrong. Right that we need £30-40m players in each position but wrong in that we only needed three. In an ideal world we’d have spent £300-400m on a dozen players. As it is, we’ve got to go with what we’ve got. I’d imagine we’ve got half a dozen players good enough for the prem. worst case scenario, we’ve got the basis of a cracking promotion squad for next season

I agree. When we get Big Sam, he'll need at least £400m to spend on bringing in his own players.

Reactions: OVB
That's what you get for buying rats instead of horses.:shake: F**king cheapskates.

A few more quid on players please not stupid murals on the North Stand. that will have to ripped down by Christmas. Fulham proved last year you can’t spend this type of money on so many players, Big Sam back this up with his comments as well

I doubt many will agree with this.

I'd put Hourihane in for Grealish and and move Jack out to the left instead of El Ghazi.

McGinn can roam forward into advance positions, Conor and Doug allow for some protection, and we still retain the deadball quality. Jack can drift wide, cut in, roam, draw fouls etc. I'm just unsure of the natural balance.

Welcome to the forum Steve Bruce been there done that and it failed. Get over him Hourihane is shite

Don't forget what he said was spot on, "You've got to question the quality". :clap::clap:

No way he would have bought players who weren't good enough. Imagine how many there will be on the season ticket waiting list when our useless owners admit they were wrong to appoint a no mark like Smith. Completely out of his depth. Won't even play the players he bought.
O’Neill was the same he used to buy players for the sake of it then either play them out of position or not at all. Both of them seem to like a non goalscoring centre forward as well

JNB90, post: 1961750, member: 142633"]I doubt many will agree with this.

Welcome to the jungle mate

JNB90, post: 1961750, member: 142633"]I doubt many will agree with this.

Welcome to the jungle mate
Has he sent a message to Michael Fields for his welcome pack do you know?

We'll have less of that positivity........ we'll have to sell anybody who's any good if we get relegated. Spurs, Man U and Man C have already got first dibs on three.

I don't know what all this squad of 25 is about....... Lord Ron didn't need one. And as for wages, if they ain't on £100 000 a week, they must be shit. The new owners have got this badly wrong.

Dr Tony would have spent at least 300 million and we would’ve been playing Champions League football next year as he promised

I'm not sure we have the players to play 4-3-3 successfully in the Prem.
I think we are more suited to a 4-1-4-1 or a 4-1-3-2 or 4-2-3-1. Something where our midfield runners are closer to a forward but, that's just my opinion and thankfully my opinion counts for nowt, so I'll leave the job up to the man being paid to do it and wish him the best of luck.

I think eventually a 4231 may be the way forward

Heaton
Guilbert Engel Mings Targett
Luiz Marvellous
Trez SJM Jack
Wesley/Kodija

I was impressed by luiz after his mistake. He did not hide and showed for the ball. He is not really a DM though? He likes getting forward. That or try a 4141 with Luiz alongside SJM in the middle?