Match Thread: Aston Villa v Blackburn Rovers, Sat 30th March, 3pm | Page 9 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Aston Villa v Blackburn Rovers, Sat 30th March, 3pm

Not been able to get up there for the last two home games but got my ticket for the Bristol City game today, cant wait.
Full house surely, great atmosphere. Bring it on.

To be fair i dont think anyone is writing Green off.

Seen a few do exactly that and listening to the phone in coming home yesterday a few singled him out despite the fact the first half was the best we've played in ages and although a fair few seemed to have missed it, he was part of that.

Not saying you've written him off but he does seem the latest target for the strange breed who always have to have at least to have a go at.

Plenty of times after no shows and losses its been deserved but yesterday I didn't think it was at all.

Seen a few do exactly that and listening to the phone in coming home yesterday a few singled him out despite the fact the first half was the best we've played in ages and although a fair few seemed to have missed it, he was part of that.

Not saying you've written him off but he does seem the latest target for the strange breed who always have to have at least to have a go at.

Plenty of times after no shows and losses its been deserved but yesterday I didn't think it was at all.

Agreed. He has been getting better game by game , but we can't expect the finished article by any stretch and that's where patience from the fans is needed.

There’s something about green. I hope he doesn’t leave and become another mistake
Injuries a worry though why so many

It’s stupid to complain about not playing youngsters but then slag them off when they do play. I think Green is a bit lightweight but that can be worked on and will improve with game time. A few bad crosses yes but all wingers regularly put stinkers across

The thing about Man City is they play like that almost all game, every game. Playing like that for 15 minutes is not 'being Man City' - it is playing very well for 15 minutes.
However it does show what we're capable of and what we should be looking to do on a regular basis.

My take on Green is tgat he is a typical winger, simple as that.

You name any of them, from John Barnes to Raheem Sterling (until recently), the "he flatters to deceive" line is said about basically all of them, but it is just reality that, bar probably 1 player in 50 years, everh winger will have 10 chances to deliver and of them 10, the great wingers probably get 3 of them correct, the good wingers 1. A crap winger 0. (Meaning great wingers create 2 goals a game, good 1, crap 0). Green is certainly a "good" winger, he is very young a bit of patience and he can become a very good winger. He produced 2 beautiful crosses on Sat that were not converted, and he made our goal - he gets my support !. And it was only when I watched the highlights that I actually realised hiw good green was, as I am in the Holte, its hard to appreciate all the work he did first half.

The "1" in 50 yrs that is different, and 7 out of 10 work ? - Christiano Ronaldo, the best player in my lifetime - and people slagged him off at the same age !!!

I think young Andre is going to be a good player for us, the Norwich? game last season when he bent one in the top corner showed he has the skills and one he scored in preseason was an absolute goal of the season contender had it been in the league.
An confidence player, who thrives on the backing of the fans

Having just finished reading the book written by "He who walks on water" he talks about how when he was manager at Stoke in the third tier they were in the company of Northampton, Macclesfield, Oldham, Colchester, Walsall and....... Manchester City!!
Many tend to forget that Citeh were at best an average top flight side until their 'sugar daddy' came along with all of his petrodollars.
In football today, money talks and if you can buy the best players in the world, irrespective of the fee and wages, then you will succeed and win things.

I don't know, I have always considered us, Everton and Man City as similar stature of clubs. The odd period of real success, followed by about 20 seasons of alrightness, and throw in the odd plummet every so often.

Lets face it, we had the chance to be where they are now. They chose to buy Wisely, we chose to buy Heskey !

Good luck to em I say

I think young Andre is going to be a good player for us, the Norwich? game last season when he bent one in the top corner showed he has the skills and one he scored in preseason was an absolute goal of the season contender had it been in the league.
An confidence player, who thrives on the backing of the fans

Hopefully, he'll get it. He's one of ours so the fans should be right behind him. Modern fans are much too quick to write players off.

I hope Andre Green has a great career with us . Do I think he will ?. I'm just not convinced by him generally . But what the hell do I know. There is a reason why I am on here pontificating and not stood on the touch line at VP.

But I do think that there is a difference between debating the performance by him on saturday and the player as a whole. Much of the stuff I have read and listened to have spoken about his performance on Saturday and the inconsistencies of it. Mcp4pope was bang on in his match ratings which have been front paged. Hopefully the inconsistent crossing and lack of craft to take someone on time and again is down to youth.

I'm certainly not writing him off I love it that Deano brought him back and booted out Bolasie. But i won't be scared to debate his performances for fear of being seen as not giving him a chance or writing him off because that's not my intention. He is a first team player on first team wages at a huge club trying to get back to the premier league. He should have scrutiny as much as any player. It's a tough cut throat business football even for the youth.