Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Lincoln City | Page 16 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Lincoln City

Best off out of it. This will probably be the year an U21 team makes the final. I would definitely boycott from here on in ?

Thoroughly entertained, but we did exceptionally well to take them to penalties..If only Rheady had struck his in-game penalty as well as the one in the shoot-out. I see what you all mean about Mensah, the original headless chicken, game but completely ineffective. Luque, the MOTM for me, despite having played very little recently, I see great potential and get why we signed him. Gordon did well, Greeny ran his ar%e off .as per. Ellis will learn.

Think Mensah looked bothered, but he makes poor decisions all the time. Biggest disappointment of the loanees, not shown anything at all. Gordon looked committed and switched on for most of the time, Crookes played best I've seen from him, Wharton needed time to settle but then looked liked last season's version; Slocombe can be a good shot stopper but rest of his game is like a cat on a hot tin roof.

Not sour grapes, but this isn’t looking like a good competition to be in this season, the big boys’ U21 sides are having much more success this year and there’s a real danger the final could be a non event,which it would have been last year if we hadn’t beaten Chelsea.

Yeah. The sponsors must be a bit concerned and hoping that Pompey and Sunderland keep going in the competition.

Oh well, entertaining. Think we played well overall, Loque showed promise. Like has been said, if Rhead had buried the pen, ifs and ands...

Where is Paul Mayo when you need him?

Gutted for the big man, though his penalty record is a bit shakey. As has been said that was the turning point. After we missed that and they bought on the big guns (where as we had coaches to turn to) sounded like we struggled. Sounds as though there were some decent performances though. Not sure Danny will be too gutted about going out and nor will I.

I thought Adebayo-Smith looked promising although a couple of times tried to beat one man too many.

Agreed he looked promising, he will have been making runs which get him past age group players but not the more experienced ones he was up against tonight. Looked sharp and keen and hopefully will learn from it.

Ellis's inexperience also showed, but he can clearly pick a pass and put in a shift in midfield, likewise Luque who hopefully has earned that contract extension as he'll have little match time during the rest of this month.

Get the feeling slocombe could get a few starts now, slightly worried as we seem to leak goals when he plays.