martin jol | Page 2 | Vital Football

martin jol

Time to bring in the dog whisperer DG and give it some home truths, first one being when Norwich is mentioned as a key word, it sits and smiles obediently.

What is it with these pets?

It seems that when you reach a certain age, everyone wants you to have a pet. I resisted for years and then found the female members of my family conspired to introduce a kitten into the house.

Being the slut that she was, she soon became pregnant and produced two kittens, one of which died. So now we had two kittens.

I investigated getting Mum spayed (the cat, that is, not my Mum). Unfortunately, while I was bemoaning the potential cost, the damn cat got herself pregnant. Again!

We now have three kittens and potentially hundreds of pounds to spend to prevent further offspring. :eek:

And I never wanted one in the first place. The rest of the family think they are really cute but they are not the ones that have to empty the litter tray or clean cat urine off the mattress of the guest bed.

I have fantasies of bringing a gruesome end to the saga but don't have the heart.

Why am I so (insert expletive here) soft? :111:

Rex - 4/12/2013 11:22

What is it with these pets?

It seems that when you reach a certain age, everyone wants you to have a pet. I resisted for years and then found the female members of my family conspired to introduce a kitten into the house.

Being the slut that she was, she soon became pregnant and produced two kittens, one of which died. So now we had two kittens.

I investigated getting Mum spayed (the cat, that is, not my Mum). Unfortunately, while I was bemoaning the potential cost, the damn cat got herself pregnant. Again!

We now have three kittens and potentially hundreds of pounds to spend to prevent further offspring. :eek:

And I never wanted one in the first place. The rest of the family think they are really cute but they are not the ones that have to empty the litter tray or clean cat urine off the mattress of the guest bed.

I have fantasies of bringing a gruesome end to the saga but don't have the heart.

Why am I so (insert expletive here) soft? :111:

Rex that was funny :funny:

Similar thing happened to us. We found a kitten on the M50. Brought him up and looked after him, he then went off shagging all the neighbours cats. When we saw the litter we felt bad for not getting him snipped and ended up taking a kitten from both litters, at different houses, back into our home. So we've ended up with 3. of the bloody things. They are a nightmare, scratching carpets up, eating out of washing up bowl, pissing everywhere. I don't see the point in cats. Dogs are much more fun.

Same here when me and my ex lived together she went and got a cat I didn't want - we split up and I ended up with the cat, but I am very happy that we got him as I love him now and he is more like a son then a cat.

Now with the new lady she has a 11 year old albino cat very funny so I have inherited another cat.

when i moved in with my partner eight years ago
she had five cats but fortunately all aged
one by one over the years they have met their demise
with just one left now and he is sixteen
im hoping we have a severe winter !
in contrast we have a cocker and a goldie whom i love to bits
goldie has epilepsy and has cost us into the thousands but
hes my boy !

Mrs DG trying to get our border collie pup to go to a chap who works on an estate so he is a working dog. I just want to keep him.
all 3 DG ladies in bed at 10.00 I am still up with young Zeb in his basket in my office .. tomorrow is d day and I will lose :worried:

I may have to swop my beloved NCFC for a pet soon if this, to quote DG, KAK persists. Captain Canary is no good in a serious situation.

I was never brought up around pets and due to lifestyle we have never owned any creatures other than goldfish, but I can fully understand the love and affection people have for animals.

I am sure the Vital members can field an Animal 11 capable of beating our current prem team. One chardonnay too many maybe but ....... :eek:

DG they have to understand that is exactly what it is like having a puppy! He will calm down soon. Like I said my mrs had a collie when she was younger. She say it is not the breed its down to how you bring them up, don't listen to all this you bought the wrong breed rubbish. Did you try the Pen idea? :yes:

Agreed NY - DG bloody put your foot down! you want to keep the pup then keep it.

My mum got a black lab 2 years ago and he was crazy - ripping stuff up etc but slowly he is calming down.

Pups are like children.

Boys some of this pet malarkey is very funny !!

I sympathize DG, Im afraid my missus has just introduced 2 new puppies crossed with Border Collie an lab I think, gonna make nice dogs .. eventually but hells teeth are they freekin demanding !! Up at 5 am today again :-(

I stay up til 2 am and then missus gets up at 5 am, ok this week but she goes back to work next week.
Looks like we have found him a place to go as a working dog with a a mother and daughter border collie where he can run around all day I think it will be best for him.
I need to work and cannot sped what looks like 4 / 5 hours a day entertaining him.

NY sounds like you might have cluster headaches like me - if so then let m know - They are horrible and the pills are bloody massive. I haven't had a bad turn in ages thank god but only last week had two 4 hour little eye/headaches

That's a shame DG.. You could tire him out for a bit, pop him in the pen, he sleeps, you work. Repeat throughout day? Would that not work?

Yeah it's definitely not a normal headache bears. I get them come on a lot when run down and lacking sleep. I still haven't booked at docs yet. What's in those pills? Codeine?

How much did you get him for DG? It is a shame - could you not go for a long walk him in the morning (tennis ball throwing etc) then you work he sleeps and again in the evening.

Sad stuff

Get rid of the dog DG and get a cat. I know someone who has one (or two or three) available! :grin:

They are no trouble, honest. :whistle:

You can have my cat DG. She is so violent that we can't go anywhere near her. She just comes in and eats then attacks you if you try stroke her or pick her up. Good pet, very independent!