Man's best friend | Page 10 | Vital Football

Man's best friend

Well, she's still with us Lexi our lab, decided to become a real chocolate lab yesterday Stole a 360g Toblerone from my Christmas presents in the bedroom.

I found the remnants of the wrapper in her bed. Thinking she'd been in the bin and taken the wrapper from the Toblerone I had for my Birthday I thought nothing of it at first but I caught sight of her sneaking into the living room with another one, it was then I realised she'd actually eaten a whole one and was about to eat another one which probably would have killed her.

I checked online to see how much chocolate it takes to kill a dog and because she is 31kg it was only a low to moderate chance of poisoning, another bar of that size (360g) though and she could have died.

Mrs57 has had a stern bollocking for leaving Chocolate where the dogs can reach it and Lexi is currently lying on my lap seemingly none the worse thankfully.

So, folks, it's certainly a lesson to be learnt
Ha, I always get Toblerone for my Xmas and birthday, love the stuff.
Good to hear your pooch is ok.
Some years back my sister in law, who was a rep, had bought ten boxes of Black Magic for customers at Xmas, only to get home and find out her Old English Sheepdog had scoffed the lot.
She also broke into a food cupboard and ate a box of pasta sheets and then had a good drink of water.
She blew up hugely as the pasta sheets swelled and ended up at the vets and had to be operated on to remove the pasta.
Never a dull moment with that dog around.

I had one when I lived at my parents. He was massive and a fantastic loyal dog. Would let anyone in the house but wouldn't let them back out.
Weird. We had a Border Collie at home when we were kids, and he was exactly the same.
Move a foot and he was on you. Couldnt bring any mates or girlfriends home, without that sod frightening them off.

Will your thoughts turn towards getting another dog JPA, or too early and raw to think that way? (Hope this isn't indelicate)

The Springer has tweeked (hopefully) her cructiate, and is confined to bedrest, which is difficult in itself for Springers. I feel like some sort of pervert walking on my own in the woods on the occasions when the wife declines to go walking.