Man's best friend | Page 9 | Vital Football

Man's best friend

Well, she's still with us Lexi our lab, decided to become a real chocolate lab yesterday Stole a 360g Toblerone from my Christmas presents in the bedroom.

I found the remnants of the wrapper in her bed. Thinking she'd been in the bin and taken the wrapper from the Toblerone I had for my Birthday I thought nothing of it at first but I caught sight of her sneaking into the living room with another one, it was then I realised she'd actually eaten a whole one and was about to eat another one which probably would have killed her.

I checked online to see how much chocolate it takes to kill a dog and because she is 31kg it was only a low to moderate chance of poisoning, another bar of that size (360g) though and she could have died.

Mrs57 has had a stern bollocking for leaving Chocolate where the dogs can reach it and Lexi is currently lying on my lap seemingly none the worse thankfully.

So, folks, it's certainly a lesson to be learnt

We were talking about this yesterday. We had a Border Collie as a kid, and he had chocolate and drank coffee, both of which they say are bad for dogs now. He lived until the age of 17.

In other news, the Cocker Spaniel puppy is an absolute delight. Although he is my sister's, I have decided to kidnap him.

We were talking about this yesterday. We had a Border Collie as a kid, and he had chocolate and drank coffee, both of which they say are bad for dogs now. He lived until the age of 17.

In other news, the Cocker Spaniel puppy is an absolute delight. Although he is my sister's, I have decided to kidnap him.

Yes, people think Chocolate is bad for dogs but it really becomes dangerous when consumed in one large dose. Such as two large bars. or one large bar with a smaller dog.
Labs are notorious gannets, Lexi will eat and eat and then eat some more, like her owner!

I was looking at dobermans the other day, they are decent for those with dog allergies, as they don't produce much of the oil that can cause the allergy. I had to stop myself looking after a short while, as it was starting to become a serious thought!

Such beautiful dogs.

I was looking at dobermans the other day, they are decent for those with dog allergies, as they don't produce much of the oil that can cause the allergy. I had to stop myself looking after a short while, as it was starting to become a serious thought!

Such beautiful dogs.

My friend has two, although that reminds me, one wasn't very well. I'll have to go check on him.

They are lovely, though.

Such beautiful dogs.

I had one when I lived at my parents. He was massive and a fantastic loyal dog. Would let anyone in the house but wouldn't let them back out.

They have a bad rap, I guess through bad breeders and/or owners. But if trained, I think they are soft as anything personally. Would love one.

When we picked him up the breeder said to us to not under any circumstances try and make him mean as you will have an uncontrollable dog but bring him up as a pet and you will have a fantastic dog. He wasn't wrong.

I'm seriously considering either getting another one or a Ridgeback.

Our old Mucka from here (RIP) Witton Lane (Mike) had a Ridgeback. Looked brutal, was soft as anything. Bit too big a dog for me personally, but boy Mike didn't have dote on his mate, he even stopped having holidays etc, as didn't like to leave him. Eric... if memory serves me right.