Manchester City v Watford FA Cup Final - Saturday 18th May 2019 KO 5.00PM | Page 6 | Vital Football

Manchester City v Watford FA Cup Final - Saturday 18th May 2019 KO 5.00PM

So my question is.....

I can understand why Watford's nickname is "The Hornets", I get that........but why do they have a Moose on the club badge?:hmmm:

My first solid memory of Manchester City FC is the goal scored by Neil Young in the 1969 Cup Final........

Come on you Blues!!!

So my question is.....

I can understand why Watford's nickname is "The Hornets", I get that........but why do they have a Moose on the club badge?:hmmm:

There used to be a hornet on the club badge but it was replaced by a hart, which is an old-fashioned word for 'stag', which is a male deer. The hart is used because Watford is in Hertfordshire, a region of England that traditionally had many deer.

When Watford changed kit colours in 1959, supporters chose The Hornets as the team's new nickname, and the club later introduced a crest depicting a hornet. In 1974 the design was changed to depict Harry the Hornet, the club's mascot.

There used to be a hornet on the club badge but it was replaced by a hart, which is an old-fashioned word for 'stag', which is a male deer. The hart is used because Watford is in Hertfordshire, a region of England that traditionally had many deer.
It's not a moose, it's a hart, Watford is in the county of Hertfordshire.
(y)