Manchester City-Crystal Palace Premier League Post Match Thread | Vital Football

Manchester City-Crystal Palace Premier League Post Match Thread

Colin Is The King

Alert Team
Manchester City 2 Crystal Palace 2
FT Stats
Possession
City 72.4% Palace 27.6% (City OS has 72.3% City, 27.7% Palace)
Corners
City 14 Palace 2
Offsides
City 0 Palace 1
Fouls
City 9 Palace 7
Cards
City 1 Y (Mendy) Palace 2 Y
On Target
City 6 Palace 3
Woodwork
City 1 Palace 0
Off Target
City 19 Palace 2 (PL site has 25 City shots, Palace 5 - City OS City 10 off target, Palace 1)

Attendance 54,439

Compiled from Premier League and City Official Site match day threads.

Links

https://www.premierleague.com/match/46829

https://matchday.mancity.com/fixtures/first-team/2019/manchester-city-v-crystal-palace

Posted at 16:49
Man City 2-2 Crystal Palace

Micah Richards
Former Aston Villa defender on Final Score

If Fernandinho doesn't put it in his own goal then Crystal Palace would have scored anyway.

'Former Villa defender'......Hmmmm.

17:04
'Nobody gave up after going behind'

Crystal Palace goalscorer Cenk Tosun speaking to Sky Sports: "That was a very important point for us. I just want to say thank you to the lads. Everybody ran to the last second, didn't give up when we went behind and I think we deserved a point.

"To score was a great feeling as a striker needs confidence and confidence comes with scoring goals.

"We played a solid game, knew City would have more possession but we scored a good two goals and I'm just glad I got one of them.

"It's a great feeling to score a goal in my first game but more than the goal was the point - that’s what mattered today."

I could have put money on the new boy, the guy in loan who hasn't scored since 1897 managed to net against us. Stone banker. 🙄

17:22
'It's difficult to analyse'

Pep Guardiola speaking to Match of the Day: "It was a tight game and unfortunately we could not win it.

On his half-time team talk: "I told them to keep going. Put more balls into the box and try to control Zaha on the counter-attack. It's difficult to analyse when they shoot one corner have no more chances and we did many times and unfortunately could not win. We take it one game at a time."

17:22
'It's difficult to analyse'

Pep Guardiola speaking to Match of the Day: "It was a tight game and unfortunately we could not win it.

On his half-time team talk: "I told them to keep going. Put more balls into the box and try to control Zaha on the counter-attack. It's difficult to analyse when they shoot one corner have no more chances and we did many times and unfortunately could not win. We take it one game at a time."
He picked the wrong lineup, again. It might be his only fault, but he's making that mistake too often this campaign.

MJoMUEN
Player Ratings:-

Ederson- 5
Cancelo - 6
Stones - 6
Fernandinho - 6
Mendy - 7
Sterling*** - 7
Gundogan - 5
D.Silva(C)* - 5
De Bruyne- 6
Bernardo **- 5