Manchester City-Crystal Palace Premier League Post Match Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Manchester City-Crystal Palace Premier League Post Match Thread

Too gutted to comment, another 2 points given away.

It is tough.....but we have to dust ourselves down and really be at it on Tuesday evening at Bramnell Lane. You can bet Sheffield United will be on their game....

Return at RB for Kyle Walker the local lad on the cards?

Too many. These lapses of concentration have hit us hard. I cannot help thinking that VvD would not have allowed Zaha to get that cross in for their equaliser. Stones was just not strong or dominant enough.

That said Cancelo was well out of position when the ball broke in the first place. Our biggest problem has often been not preventing these attacks in the first place - stopping them at source.

I don't see Stones did much wrong, I thought Zaha did well.

I think your second paragraph is spot on, the battle for possession which led to Zaha running at Stones was the biggest issue for me, not enough desire to win the ball there, that's been a big part of our problems all season.

I don't see Stones did much wrong, I thought Zaha did well.

I think your second paragraph is spot on, the battle for possession which led to Zaha running at Stones was the biggest issue for me, not enough desire to win the ball there, that's been a big part of our problems all season.

He did do well and it created the sort of chance which we don't often seem to make these days sans Leroy (& Mendy pre-injury) where defenders are tracking back facing their own goal & travelling at pace. Don't get me wrong - the two goals we crafted yesterday were fabulous & we create many goal scoring chances, but Ferna's unfortunate contact was a direct result of the pace with which Zaha attacked the line. Don't think I have seen much of that from us recently.

I thought Fernandinho might have had a pen for the shove in the back when DeBruyne's freekick came off the bar, he was favourite to reach the ball first until the shove, he appealed as did one or two others but no VAR review.

I thought Fernandinho might have had a pen for the shove in the back when DeBruyne's freekick came off the bar, he was favourite to reach the ball first until the shove, he appealed as did one or two others but no VAR review.
The pattern was set early in the season when Lamella climbed all over Rodri. Not an offence to manhandle an City player in the box 🙄

If Cancelo runs up the field after/with the ball, someone should be watching his back, not to do so is bad teamwork.
The game should have been dead by halftime and as you said Skoorb, the lapses in concentration or the over confidence and arrogance shown by some of our players is shocking.
On our day we are still the best and most skilful team around.
Pep seems to turn a blind eye to some and is harsh with others.
Are we going to be sharp enough for the blades ?

If Cancelo runs up the field after/with the ball, someone should be watching his back, not to do so is bad teamwork.
The game should have been dead by halftime and as you said Skoorb, the lapses in concentration or the over confidence and arrogance shown by some of our players is shocking.
On our day we are still the best and most skilful team around.
Pep seems to turn a blind eye to some and is harsh with others.
Are we going to be sharp enough for the blades ?

I see what you did there 😅