Manchester City 3 Watford 1 Post Match Reaction | Page 2 | Vital Football

Manchester City 3 Watford 1 Post Match Reaction

That first half was worse than a trip to the dentist. Maybe the 4.30am start clouded the judgement but I thought Otta gun and mahrez excellent. BS outstanding. RS -Should be player of the year but doesn't play for the scousers.

Terrible to watch 7 at the back week in and week out against us. Will Burnley do that today or roll over like good little doggies.

Having consulted with his lineman the ref must have thought that the Watford defender played the ball to Strerling, so on side, either way we deserve some luck and Watford deserved absolutely nowt for the way they played with an eye on the FA Cup.

Right, I am now off to watch MOTD and listen to them complain about our first goal whilst I take a quick peek at how badly the dippers are takingthat result. :rofl:

Frankly, I had fully expected the goal to be chalked off as Sterling was clearly offside when the ball was played off Aguero’s chest. We got lucky and I will take it. Certainly there is more debate than there could ever be about the dipper goal against Wet spam.

In typical fashion these days Sky have put up a poll as to whether Sterling’s first goa should have stood. Despite my comments above I naturally voted Yes if only to try and counteract the inevitable infestation from rag and dipper fans once they crawl out from under their rocks.

On there and vote for Raz and credit to Pep for his classy response tothe questions about the goal. Contrast this with Klippity’s mealymouthed excuse making in respect of their first goal against West Ham.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...aheem-sterling-opener-for-man-city-have-stood

(As an aside.....WTF is it these days with everyone being given a chance to vote on absolutely everything? Does it make news? Talk about meaningless and cheap, easy journalism)

Last edited:

We can hope so. Stats better than I expected. Key moment - his decision to pass the ball across the six yard box for Sterling’s second. In the past in similar circumstances he would have been tempted to shoot and it was noticeable how everyone ran to congratulate him for the assist. That cannot but help reinforce the message that the team scores the goals.

Thanks for posting all the post match quotes Colin and to Rising for starting the Reax Thread given the absence of the usual suspects :clap: