Manchester City 3 Watford 1 Post Match Reaction | Page 3 | Vital Football

Manchester City 3 Watford 1 Post Match Reaction

In typical fashion these days Sky have put up a poll as to whether Sterling’s first goa should have stood. Despite my comments above I naturally voted Yes if only to try and counteract the inevitable infestation from rag and dipper fans once they crawl out from under their rocks.

On there and vote for Raz and credit to Pep for his classy response tothe questions about the goal. Contrast this with Klippity’s mealymouthed excuse making in respect of their first goal against West Ham.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...aheem-sterling-opener-for-man-city-have-stood

(As an aside.....WTF is it these days with everyone being given a chance to vote on absolutely everything? Does it make news? Talk about meaningless and cheap, easy journalism)

Can’t remember if they put up a poll about Boly’s goal

No, and after the rag win over PSG wasn't their poll about whether it was the greatest comeback since the Dawn of Time rather than on whether it was handball?

I think that over the past 20 years we have a slight lead in comebacks - Gillingham at Wembley, Spuds in the cup and QPR in 2012.

The rags against Bayern is right up there, more so than against PSG?

We can hope so. Stats better than I expected. Key moment - his decision to pass the ball across the six yard box for Sterling’s second. In the past in similar circumstances he would have been tempted to shoot and it was noticeable how everyone ran to congratulate him for the assist. That cannot but help reinforce the message that the team scores the goals.

Thanks for posting all the post match quotes Colin and to Rising for starting the Reax Thread given the absence of the usual suspects :clap:

What about that superb cross for Silva's missed header early on? That was straight out of his Leicester 2015/16 playbook.

Yes that was on the money for sure. I hope he comes good I really do, it is just frustrating that it is taking an experienced player so long to get on message.

Yes that was on the money for sure. I hope he comes good I really do, it is just frustrating that it is taking an experienced player so long to get on message.

He just needs time for the penny to drop that we have not brought to City to be a main goal scorer, but his ability to put other players in a position to score is for all to see and that in a player is priceless.

He will come good when he realises he has nothing to prove.

I really did think it was great that both David Silva and Bernardo Silva immediately ran to celebrate with him after he set up Sterling's second goal. They both appreciate the value of that kind of assist. :clap:

When he went for the header and the ball brushed his hand. Probably alleging he was trying to score with his hand.

Did the ball touch his hand, doesn't look like that on the replay.

I thought it just skimmed it. I could see why people would think it was deliberate but that is a natural place for your arm to end up when jumping to head the ball like that - no-one pretends like they are a torpedo with their arms strapped to the sides.

I thought it just skimmed it. I could see why people would think it was deliberate but that is a natural place for your arm to end up when jumping to head the ball like that - no-one pretends like they are a torpedo with their arms strapped to the sides.

I must try find another angle because for me it skims his head and yes I agree, his arm is in a natural position.

I've looked at numerous replays now, I think it skims both, when you see how his hand moves it suggests it did hit his hand but it also suggests there's no intent to handle it, as if he did his hand would've been more rigid. Who'd be a ref?

Quite so after recent events especially. I am not even sure how much VAR will help with some decisions. I have to say I was surprised (but not displeased) when Sterling’s first goal was allowed to stand but have no idea whether VAR would have reached a different conclusion :shrug: