Managerial merry go round | Page 158 | Vital Football

Managerial merry go round

Weirdly down there, Wealdstone have 5 games in hand on some teams, which is a huge number with only 10/11 games or so left in the season for most.

Weirdly down there, Wealdstone have 5 games in hand on some teams, which is a huge number with only 10/11 games or so left in the season for most.

Wealdstone have some longstanding issues with pitch drainage I think - they lose games to waterlogging quite easily and obviously there's been a lot of rain recently.

Ireland as usual have still not sorted their Manager out and took the easy path by appointing John O'shea as interim manager for two games.
With the Managerial turnaround reaching epic proportions in domestic football I hope we have Skoobs on a similar contract to DC as I am sure what he is starting to achieve here won't be going unnoticed .

Ireland as usual have still not sorted their Manager out and took the easy path by appointing John O'shea as interim manager for two games.
With the Managerial turnaround reaching epic proportions in domestic football I hope we have Skoobs on a similar contract to DC as I am sure what he is starting to achieve here won't be going unnoticed .
I'm sure we have, but equally according to Wikipedia he has only managed 20 games with us and has a 35% win record. Hardly ground-breaking stuff (even if we know his hands were tied the first half of that) and things could just as easily go south.

Stuart Maynard is on rocky ground at Notts County. 6 weeks into the job and lost 5 in 7 and taken them from the auto spots to outside of the play offs. Strange appointment to start with, 43 years old, BT engineer for 20 years and pretty undistinguished non league playing and part time management career with Wealdstone for 3 years with a mid table finish in the National League the highlight.

I think that's a tough gig there following Williams. He obviously did well for them but the way he sets his side up isn't sustainable at L2 level, and I'm not sure they'd have made the PO's with him either tbh. I think the new manager has come in and is being compared to Williams, but has also been dealt with an unbalanced squad, one that's certainly lacking much defensive capability (which was the same under the previous manager).

Coleman and Bell sacked at Accrington.

Not surprised by that one given what happened earlier in the season - you can't run to the media, bluff the Chairman and almost demand a new contract after relegation the previous season with a squad of 35 or so. Their Chairman said that over a third of their budget was tied up in long-term injured players over the last couple of seasons and gave the pair of them too much scope over transfers.

They've settled into midtable and probably unlikely to make the PO's now, which is probably why they've now gone.

The statement, or lack of, probably sums the relationship between Chairman and Manager this season.