Managerial merry go round | Page 63 | Vital Football

Managerial merry go round

Andy preece confirmed as chorley manager not sure where the old one went yet
Mansfield and wrexham to change managers ????

Michael Beale, who I mentioned on here as someone who's a top coach working under Gerrard, heading to QPR by the sounds of it.

Also Wellens is being talked about with a return as a Swindon's next manager.

Michael Beale, who I mentioned on here as someone who's a top coach working under Gerrard, heading to QPR by the sounds of it.

Also Wellens is being talked about with a return as a Swindon's next manager.
Sol Campbell also being mentioned for Swindon.

Excellent coach who totally outwitted and out-thought MA in the play off final.
Blackpool fans think he's taking a step backward by going to Villa as an assistant. I think it's a shrewd move - providing he continues to do well he could be a shoe-in to take over when Gerard gets the sack or moves on. Probably an easier way of getting a Premier League gig than relying on promotion.

Very shocked to see Critchley go. A backwards step but maybe taken Blackpool as far as they will go.

Not dissimilar to when MA left Oxford to go as an assistant at Leicester; although I believe that was precipitated by an imminent change of ownership at the former.

Blackpool fans think he's taking a step backward by going to Villa as an assistant. I think it's a shrewd move - providing he continues to do well he could be a shoe-in to take over when Gerard gets the sack or moves on. Probably an easier way of getting a Premier League gig than relying on promotion.
If Gerrard moves on by his choice maybe but how often do you see the assistant takeover in the Premier especially after a sacking.

Barnsley and Charlton both still looking for new managers. Ben Garner still expected at Charlton. Judging by odds, no idea for Barnsley.

I always wonder what this actually means? I see that comment so often. Could you explain what you mean? Maybe thrown in some diagrams.

Did he outwit his opponent by making sure Grant hit the bar instead of putting us 2-0 up?

let it go he has gone, he didn’t want to be here/they didn’t want he anymore. Move on who cares who is the better manager it’s not going to change the score or make him come back.

I always wonder what this actually means? I see that comment so often. Could you explain what you mean? Maybe thrown in some diagrams.

Did he outwit his opponent by making sure Grant hit the bar instead of putting us 2-0 up?

All a matter of opinion of course, but I thought Critchley set Blackpool in a way that countered all of our main attacking options. As the game progressed, we did not show any flexibility to change and find a way through - other than the very strange decision to move Grant out wide when we were chasing the game in the second half. A move even he was clearly puzzled about, especially when he hardly got a kick.

Coaching ability is not only determining the line up and the way to play before a game starts, its also about adapting during the game when the other team starts to tactically outwit you. That was not one of MA's strong points, and I thought it really showed in that final. Blackpool were beatable, especially after our early goal. but in my view Critchley got the better of us tactically.

All opinion, just as I said.