Managerial merry go round | Page 61 | Vital Football

Managerial merry go round

If they want to change the rules regarding employment of managers, they should at least insist any sacked manager should not be employed again as a manager. Time to start blooding young managers with innovative ideas. Yes I know i live in cloud cuckoo land.

In Spain, any manager who resigns or is sacked can't take another job in the Spanish League that season. This has always been the rule there, so there's no moving to appoint someone who lost their position elsewhere.

Students of Spanish football may be aware that this doesn't stop clubs sacking managers with gay abandon. The 2 sides confirmed as relegated from La Liga have both tried 3 coaches this season as has one of the other candidates for the drop. Both the other clubs involved in the relegation fight were more restrained, only making one change.

Doesn't Neville 'partially own' this club!?

Full story 'ere

https://fanbanter.co.uk/gary-neville-to-appoint-fourth-salford-city-manager-in-last-two-years/

This is a extract and the best laugh. Thank we have @SAToffeeImp and not him

Speaking to Sky Sports Neville said: “We’ve invested enormous amounts of money in the last seven or eight years. But it’s all myself, David, Ryan, Paul, Nicky, Phil and Peter (Lim, Singaporean business magnate). Peter owns 50 per cent, we own 50 per cent. We’ve put lots of money in ourselves. We’ve chosen to do that. I’m not against owner funding. We put it in at the start of the season. The club is obviously robust in that sense.

So, what they mean is.....' at the start of the season we have a whip round between us rich & ultra rich ex premiership tosspots and chuck the dosh at whichever numpty is this months manager'.

The Michael Duff thing is interesting. Has he taken Cheltenham as far as they can go, or perhaps a touch further than that? If they struggle next season as I think they will, his stock falls and Championship interest wanes. It could be now or never for him to take a step up.

The Michael Duff thing is interesting. Has he taken Cheltenham as far as they can go, or perhaps a touch further than that? If they struggle next season as I think they will, his stock falls and Championship interest wanes. It could be now or never for him to take a step up.
They conceded lots of goals last season, likewise Cambridge, so it'll be interesting if they get second season syndrome. If Cheltenham lose Alfie May that'll be a big blow.

They conceded lots of goals last season, likewise Cambridge, so it'll be interesting if they get second season syndrome. If Cheltenham lose Alfie May that'll be a big blow.
You'd certainly hope they'd be one of the teams below us next season!

Lee Johnson to Hibs.
How do these guys keep getting good jobs? Nine years as a manager, he won the Mickey Mouse Trophy with Slumberland and that is it. 450 games, one minor trophy. Chris Maguire certainly doesn't rate him.

How do these guys keep getting good jobs? Nine years as a manager, he won the Mickey Mouse Trophy with Slumberland and that is it. 450 games, one minor trophy. Chris Maguire certainly doesn't rate him.
That’s a fair point but he might not rate Chris Maguire. As some Imps fans didn’t

Ben Garner set to leave a Swindon to become Charlton manager. Charlton fans not happy with the appointment.

The entitlement by some of the ex bigger clubs is astonishing. I think some would question their club if even Guardiola got the gig.