Managerial merry go round | Page 64 | Vital Football

Managerial merry go round

yes move on from Appleton

I agree he's in the past now, but there will always be discussions and opinions about our previous managers, especially in relation to other managers moving clubs

However you are right. Personally I'm looking forward to a new start and a new approach come July. That is what football, and supporting clubs, is all about. Hope. Joy. Disappointment. And opinions.

Slightly off topic I realise, as the original post was about Critchley moving to Villa.

If Gerrard moves on by his choice maybe but how often do you see the assistant takeover in the Premier especially after a sacking.
I've no idea. I don't follow the Prem and I'd struggle to name many Prem managers. It was just a thought I had for maybe why he'd moved. Quite prepared to accept I'm totally wrong though.

Looking forward ... it will be interesting to see how those fans opposed to the style of football MA played will react to Mark Kennedy.

The style will be pretty similar I reckon because it is the obvious and sensible way to play for a number of reasons. Tweaks of course but overall similar.

My money is on MK suddenly developing the same tactical naivety and stubbornness that was supposed to have been the Achilles heal of the man who got us the the play off final.

Anyway let's look forward to a new season. I am hopeful we have the right man to build on the Appleton era.

Last edited:
I don't think MA was criticised for stubborness at all by anyone during the play-off final season. He didn't freeze anyone out and nor did he play favourites.

It was last season where he displayed the stubborness and tactical inflexibility that made the board decide it was time for a change.

As you say, we can only look forward and hope we can build on the progress the club has made under both the Cowleys and Appleton. Exciting times.

there is no point arguing with other posters about a manager who is no long employed. its time to move on

Then why reply to me? @mikeosullivan brought it up.

My point was nothing to do with it. Whilst tactical switches plays some part I've never got this whole "tactically outhought" business as if football is just a giant chess game controlled by grandmasters on the sidelines. It's not. There's a huge number of variables.

Critchley has shown himself over the last two years to have been a good manager and coach for Blackpool.... who also had good players.

Then why reply to me? @mikeosullivan brought it up.

My point was nothing to do with it. Whilst tactical switches plays some part I've never got this whole "tactically outhought" business as if football is just a giant chess game controlled by grandmasters on the sidelines. It's not. There's a huge number of variables.

Critchley has shown himself over the last two years to have been a good manager and coach for Blackpool.... who also had good players.

I look forward to the new season new manager