Managerial merry go round | Page 29 | Vital Football

Managerial merry go round

You don't have to have been a professional footballer to be a decent manager. Arrigo Sacchi, one of the greatest football coaches of all time, was never a professional footballer.

When questioned about it he replied "I never realised that in order to become a jockey you have to have been a horse first".

You don't have to have been a professional footballer to be a decent manager. Arrigo Sacchi, one of the greatest football coaches of all time, was never a professional footballer.

When questioned about it he replied "I never realised that in order to become a jockey you have to have been a horse first".

The converse is also true, the world of football managers is full of players who played at an extremely high level and yet couldn't even get over the first hurdle when managing a team. Bobby Moore and Bobby Charlton for two...

Well I see that Watford have sacked the manager who got them promoted only last May despite them sitting 14th in the Premier League with 2 wins already. Really can't get my head around their hire and fire policy. Any manager there knows they are not in for the long run, but will be well paid for their few months so I don't think they will be short of candidates

Graham Taylor wouldn't have survived under their current owners

And I also see that Newport have parted company with Michael Flynn. He could have ended up with us a couple of years back if rumours were to be believed

Southend sack Phil brown no surprise there.

In response to calls for the board to go, the board get rid of the manager and his assistant. Classic diversion tactics to buy time.

Face the music Mr Martin. You have failed to secure millions from developing Roots Hall and the associated land and you have spectacularly failed Southend fans.

Just leave.