Managerial merry go round | Page 28 | Vital Football

Managerial merry go round

I'm not fully convinced by Martin either, tbh. You can see what he's trying to do but MK made far too many stupid errors last season and their form very patch for the most part. Maybe that's because he was after something the players couldn't do and it'll be different at Swansea but it didn't seem a very idealistic way of playing.

It's ok wanting to play nice football but it always seemed a little too extreme.

I can understand why he took the job but it might pan out that another season or so at MK would've been the right thing to do.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do better without Martin. Having watched the game at SB and those Bournemouth highlights, what they were doing was pure delusional stupidity.

Cut that out and they're not having to score 2 goals every game to just stand a chance of getting a draw. Whoever they get as a new manager won't be so dumb as to copy that mantra.

that couldn't have happened to a nicer club

Eastbourne is not that far from Bournemouth perhaps he was confused

I'm afraid I remain totally unconvinced by Martin and his supposed classy style of play. All he tried to do was play out from the back, as a lot of teams are trying to do now and not in the unique fashion he tried to claim. After almost two years in the job, they were still woeful at doing it and that is despite the majority of players having been signed by him. They were at it again at the weekend - at least three, and maybe four, of the goals they conceded at Bournemouth came from incompetent passing out from defence - have a good laugh at this:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12369221/bournemouth-5-0-mk-dons
You know it's bad when the home fans are going "woooooooooaaaaah" every time the 'keeper has the ball at his feet :LOL:

Having seen the highlights on Quest I was impressed that in such a short space of time Martin managed to make Swansea equally able to cock it up playing from the back. 2nd goal a classic

MK Dons have appointed Liam Manning as Head Coach.

Not someone I've heard of previously but seems to have a good youth coach reputation at Ipswich and West Ham before going to Lommel in Belgium about 12 months ago.

Seems a sensible appointment in the sense that he was part of the City Group so there's consistency with how they want to play.

I think that is a very strange appointment - someone who never played in the Football League and has only coached development teams and one solitary season in the Belgian second division. MK tried this a few years ago with Dan Micciche and it was a disaster.

I think that is a very strange appointment - someone who never played in the Football League and has only coached development teams and one solitary season in the Belgian second division. MK tried this a few years ago with Dan Micciche and it was a disaster.
Possibly, but Neil Critchley may beg to differ and in a previous era The Murph and Lawrie McMenemy didn't have the best footballing pedigrees and they weren't too shabby as managers.

I suppose you have to counter that with Michael Jolley though.

Possibly, but Neil Critchley may beg to differ and in a previous era The Murph and Lawrie McMenemy didn't have the best footballing pedigrees and they weren't too shabby as managers.

I suppose you have to counter that with Michael Jolley though.

did worked with Youth didnt he?

Well I guess the options are either you take someone off the merry go round (who probably has a load of failures under their belt most likely) or you give someone new a chance. It might or might not work but new managers have to get a chance somewhere at sometime don't they.