Managerial merry go round | Page 31 | Vital Football

Managerial merry go round

Barnsley and Scunthorpe both sacked there managers too
I had the Scunny manager down as the first to go this season. Not far off. Just had a feeling they were in a tail spin carrying over from last season. All in all he had a terrible record. As others have said, we dodged a bullet when Swann double crossed uncle Bob.

Southend latest,

Planning permission approved and two Companies Martin is a Director of are in line for a share of £30m grant funding from Homes England

Oh and they have appointed Kevin Maher as manager, who has a record of 4 spells as a Caretaker manager and (according to Wikipedia) following two defeats as manager of Southend, now a managerial record of played 3, won none.

Millionaire owner 1-0 fans of Southend.

A nice little cameo from the lovely man himself,

https://fanbanter.co.uk/southend-ch...s-to-new-low-swearing-at-fan-in-zoom-meeting/

I heard from a good source Scunnys playing budget was less then £1million and was less than most National league teams and a few in lower leagues than that. Peter Swan will no longer support the budget.
Why would he need to. I suspect he's got what he wanted now he's restructured the stadium finance.

Lads at work reckon Barnsley don't have a pot to piss in, and they will likely appoint from within.
This is despite being owned by some very wealthy people (the Billy Bean lot). They reckon the money tap has never been fully open and is now firmly closed.

Southend latest,

Planning permission approved and two Companies Martin is a Director of are in line for a share of £30m grant funding from Homes England

Oh and they have appointed Kevin Maher as manager, who has a record of 4 spells as a Caretaker manager and (according to Wikipedia) following two defeats as manager of Southend, now a managerial record of played 3, won none.

Millionaire owner 1-0 fans of Southend.

A nice little cameo from the lovely man himself,

https://fanbanter.co.uk/southend-ch...s-to-new-low-swearing-at-fan-in-zoom-meeting/
My sons firm has won the contract with the developers to build houses etc and the new stadium. The capacity has been cut from 20,000 to 12,000. Bit high for a low non league team.

Stockport have appointed Dave Challinor from Hartlepool, who used to play for them.

I know most message clubs boards have a few numpties, but all that money has totally gone to a lot of the Stockports fans heads, there’s some right arrogant pillocks on there.

Perhaps an opportuity at Scunthorpe for any local (Lincoln) out of work managers looking for an opportunity to get back in the dug out.

I know most message clubs boards have a few numpties, but all that money has totally gone to a lot of the Stockports fans heads, there’s some right arrogant pillocks on there.

I remember when Man City took on the Commonwealth Games Stadium in East Manchester that the then Chairman of Stockport County was suggesting that they should take over Maine Road; I think they may even of had the status of 'preferred tenants'. Not sure if that was when the Shale Sharks moved in or just before. By 2015 they had to sell Edgeley Park to the Council in order to safe guard it. They have now spent 11 years in tiers 5 and 6 of the football pyramid and may even have to share their stadium with the Sharks again.

They have a way to go yet before they have any particular right to be arrogant.

Neil Warnock gone at Middlesbrough. Listening to him he reckons he knew 2-3 weeks ago he was being replaced.

Neil Warnock gone at Middlesbrough. Listening to him he reckons he knew 2-3 weeks ago he was being replaced.

Loved it when it was clear that he was aware that todays match was his last in charge yet he still managed to get himself in the referees book for disputing a decision. You have to admire his attitude to the game. Others would have just walked out

Warnock was only on TV this week celebrating breaking the record for the number of matches he had been a manager in.

The swings and roundabouts of the high profile manager.

Warnock was only on TV this week celebrating breaking the record for the number of matches he had been a manager in.

The swings and roundabouts of the high profile manager.
It looks as if they kept him on to enable him to break the record. At almost 73, he is probably finished now.