Man Utd Vs Aston Villa Match thread Sunday 1st Dec 4.30pm | Page 25 | Vital Football

Man Utd Vs Aston Villa Match thread Sunday 1st Dec 4.30pm

I dont know if anyone has responded to your post, but I was listening on five live, and Alan Green said he has lost all belief in Premier League officials watching this refs performance. He questioned his impartiallity with respect to how many times he was allowing Jack to get kicked , especially by Perrera who he said made four bookable offences on Jack.
Yeah but come on Wittonite, Alan Green is Fulfords cousin ;););)

Danny Murphy has a good point.

I thought VAR worked much better this weekend but it still bugs me that they changed the offside rule to accommodate it.

Ah ok....a repeat of the 'useless twat' description. Bloke at Sky and you clearly disagree with most of the Villa fans around us today as well then. Did you criticise Benteke and Juan Pablo in the same way when they struggled initially? He's a young lad who has much to learn but has ability and we need a bit of patience rather than labelling him as a 'useless twat' after 14 games and 4 goals....

I'm not seeing the ability and I'm all about giving players a decent chance if they show at least something that could deemed worthy at a given level.

I can see/say it for Trez, hell, even Ghazi but I've got nothing in the positive column for Weskey - he just doesn't look cut out for English football to me, at any level.

If Koj came in and played like t
Wesley is the difference between us being in the top half and the bottom half, he really is a passenger it has to be said.
I can imagine if he was Koj or Davis he'd not even get one person thinking they need to defend his pathetic efforts, would he?

If Koj came in and played like that he would get booed every game, Wesley has got off very lightly mainly because we don't have an option. I can't wait until January

I just can't see it myself mate - I like to think I can spot at least *something* in a player but I'm stumped with Weskey.

I don't think 22 is *that* young either tbh and while I of course hope he finds his feet (and the ball for more than a dozen touches per game ...) I'm really not sure what aspect of his game he uses as leverage to make himself more effective.

He's tall - that's about all I've got in the positive attributes right now although he does seem to have at least some idea of when to arrive in the the penalty area/six yard box but most players know when/how to do that so that hardly marks you out as a striker.

He's slow over 5-10 yards, because of his lower leg length, which is critical for a striker in the PL and I don't think he can improve that.

His hold up play can be ok if he ever reaches the ball but 9/10 the centre halves are quicker than him over the 5-10 yards required to get the ball when it's lumped up to him.

If he can find it in himself to be more physical without giving fouls away then perhaps that's the best way for him to be more effective but I just have this lasting impression forming that suggests he's simply not up to either the pace or the physicality of the English game, especially at PL level.

I think he's being given a lot of support from the crowd, so far, particularly since he picked up his work rate but again, this is PL football, effort on its own isn't nearly enough ...

Dan,We ain't got time to develop any player. One aim this season is to stay in this league with all its riches. Wes may make the grade but with our new financial position,we don't need to gamble.

I think that's the main point really - whether he makes it or not over say a season is neither here nor there really - the bottom line is that we can't be carrying people, whoever they are, if they're not performing and I'd even suggest the same about SJM who's been strictly average for a good while now.

The argument for me isn't so much about if/when/how etc on a given player, it's about how we manage to stay in the PL and without Grealish playing like he is/has been, we'd likely be in a much worse position than we are now.

I'm very happy with how we've performed so far but we're only one constant empty shirt/one injury to Grealish away from the bottom three IMO and to my eyes both Weskey and Ghazi are relatively empty shirts.

We can do better and if we have the money and can find the players we should look to strengthen those positions in January.

I'm getting pissed off and bored at the same time about people sagging wes off, get behind the team and stop looking for a scapegoat as I bet most of you couldn't run a bath let alone a football pitch.

I'm getting pissed off and bored at the same time about people sagging wes off, get behind the team and stop looking for a scapegoat as I bet most of you couldn't run a bath let alone a football pitch.

Why can't people tell the truth on a forum, I just don't get it?

I don't see anyone slagging him off most of us are just pointing out it's difficult to see any plus points, perhaps instead of attacking fellow Villa fans it might be helpful to point out all these skills he's been showing us over these 14 games because I can't see anything in him at all.

Quite a few see something in him but nobody can actually say what it is.

To be totally honest he's been very well supported at every game, no booing no jeering just support which is what we want but on a forum, it's totally different it's fo debate.