Man Utd Vs Aston Villa Match thread Sunday 1st Dec 4.30pm | Page 27 | Vital Football

Man Utd Vs Aston Villa Match thread Sunday 1st Dec 4.30pm

I've mentioned before that it's the moaning and arm flapping at other his team mates that does my head in.

Anyway, back on thread, being positive, he seemed a bit better at the weekend.
(Being honest, I just think he was a little less shit than usual :throw:)

I think his work rate is good and he doesn't hide. His touch is pretty good although he needs to take the few chances that fall to him. The coaching staff should be working on his positioning in the opposition penalty area. He's a strong lad when he chooses to use that strength. He needs to improve his heading and for a big lad he goes down a bit easily.
I wouldn't want to write him off too soon because I like to see all players in our shirt doing well but I think he could do with a bit of support up front. He seems to be on his Todd an awful lot during games.
We definitely need another striker because, even if he was the new Ronaldo, ( the Brazilian version), we couldn't expect him to carry the strike job through the whole season. At the moment Davis is very prone to injuries so we can't count on him. Kodjia is a shadow of his former self.
A striker in January please.

Wesley has been a disappointment so far but a lot of expectation was hoiked onto him as the new no.9 plus "record signing" etc. etc. Comments like he's the difference between us and top half appears to forget the whole team forgetting how to pass for entire games and a seemingly endless hunger to get the ball into our own net when ahead in others. Totally unfair comment.

Has he been a let down? Yes compared to how well our other signings have gone. Is he getting better? Undoubtedly. We certainly don't appear to have problems scoring, so maybe he's not the waste of space some seem to think.

We look much better without Makambe in the team. Trezeguet not been a fan so far but he is starting to show flashes of quality same with El Ghazi . Konsa has the shirt now and Engels will have his work cut out getting that back, Mings is undroppable regardless of form and I actually agree with that just now. Hause is a good player , shame he can't play left back .
We are 2 or 3 quality signings away from being top 6 .

My doubts about Wesley are really two things. He doesn't look comfortable trying to head a ball. And he seems to need the ball played to his feet, which often isn't possible. Those are big limitations for someone spearheading the attack in the PL. I think it would be difficult for him to improve those.