Major PL/FL Shake Up? | Page 6 | Vital Football

Major PL/FL Shake Up?

I haven’t got my head around the money that the EPL are going to give to lower league clubs but am I right in saying that all EPL clubs will have to have contributed evenly to this largesse. However, the big 6 clubs will benefit out proportion through increased European matches, t.v. streams and lucrative pre season friendlies.
Parry is an agent of Liverpool and Man. United. No doubt he’ll be doing alright out of this plot.

And what’s left of the premier league pot gets divided up between 18, not 20 if the proposal gets the go ahead. The top clubs who moan about playing all these games just want a few more weeks to tour Asia every year, not that I have a problem with that but they make revenue up in a different way no doubt.

There’s no way American owned franchises have become a charity over night. Rick Parry is the only man who can’t see through it.

The reason Sky don’t like the proposal is that the “Big 6” clubs could over time vote to start selling their games directly, and within this proposal is a point that they can sell up to 8 games directly to fans.

Also, there is a point around higher prize money for higher finishes - so as always, it’ll be the other 14 clubs (including the three who have been dragged into this) who would ultimately pay for propping up poorly run EFL teams and the big pay cheque to the FA, in the future.

The £350m will I doubt be coming out of the P&L of the Big 6.

The reason Sky don’t like the proposal is that the “Big 6” clubs could over time vote to start selling their games directly, and within this proposal is a point that they can sell up to 8 games directly to fans.

Also, there is a point around higher prize money for higher finishes - so as always, it’ll be the other 14 clubs (including the three who have been dragged into this) who would ultimately pay for propping up poorly run EFL teams and the big pay cheque to the FA, in the future.

The £350m will I doubt be coming out of the P&L of the Big 6.

Which is what I was saying with regards to PPV. Manure and Liverplop with all their plastic supporters will make a killing out of it.

I haven’t got my head around the money that the EPL are going to give to lower league clubs but am I right in saying that all EPL clubs will have to have contributed evenly to this largesse. However, the big 6 clubs will benefit disproportionally through increased European matches, t.v. streams and lucrative pre season friendlies.
Parry is an agent of Liverpool and Man. United. No doubt he’ll be doing alright out of this plot.

Don't think they've said where the money comes from. It ought to come from the total pot before it's divided up. If it is snatched back afterwards so that all clubs pay the same, it'll further boost those at the top.

And what’s left of the premier league pot gets divided up between 18, not 20 if the proposal gets the go ahead. The top clubs who moan about playing all these games just want a few more weeks to tour Asia every year, not that I have a problem with that but they make revenue up in a different way no doubt.

There’s no way American owned franchises have become a charity over night. Rick Parry is the only man who can’t see through it.
Removing 2 teams from the EPL equates to £250m in TV revenue saved. So essentially no team left standing in the EPL would be out of pocket........crafty hey?

It would hilarious if the other 14 clubs got together and decided to eject United and Liverpool out of the league. If I were CEO or Chairman of any of the other clubs I'd contact everyone and say lets send them down to League Two, their rise through the levels will clearly boost TV sales as they have said they bring in all the money. That will help those clubs lower down the chain. We'll also bail everyone else out short term and this will be our long term plan.

So Manchester Utd and Liverpool use a global pandemic to further try and strengthen their power, hidden behind the guise of helping the poor poor sods below their mighty status who dont know where their next penny is coming from...who'd have thought it eh? Shocked....not! God, can they stoop much lower?....Yes they probably can! Hate what the game has become at the top...money grabbing, arrogant, power crazy morons. The tossers on Merseyside can stick the 7-2 mauling where the sun don't shine!bad if the whole thing wasnt so bloody transpare
It wouldnt be so bad if the whole bloody thing wasnt so transparent.
They havent even tried to cover up their real ambitions.
I am rarely in favour of any government intervention into anything but this is a public interest item and they should subject Parry and the other crooks to the very closest of public scrutiny.

Funniest thing is you expect this from Londoners like Chelsea and Arsenal, You wouldn't expect the ethos from Northerners to be this way, Just shows that you can't trust American owners.

The concept of special voting rights sucks, but surely it should be based on PL success [total no of points] and the number of seasons in the PL - which would put Villa 7th and 9th respectively.
I assume there would [not] be a reduction in season ticket prices to reflect two less matches.

Its paywalled, Telegraph, so cant link but this is the first paragraph.
Sorry if someonelse posted it already.
Tottenham Hotspur will be able to claim back around £125 million for the costs of their new stadium and Liverpool around £30 million on their newly-built Main stand under a clause in the “Project Big Picture” (PBP) proposals, backed by the current Premier League champions and Manchester United....
Surprise surprise.

The concept of special voting rights sucks, but surely it should be based on PL success [total no of points] and the number of seasons in the PL - which would put Villa 7th and 9th respectively.
I assume there would [not] be a reduction in season ticket prices to reflect two less matches.
When this proposal came out I thought it was strange that we were not mentioned even with our recent absence we are still one of the team's with a long unbroken run from the start of the premier league so straight away alarm bells .

If they tempered down the voting business they may well get this through? Say if they made it a straight majority of the remaining 18 clubs. Not as safe as the current 14 from twenty but far better than the big 9 with in effect the big 6 required to carry anything? IMO they are going to temper down the voting requirement and get something very similar approved? You can understand the EFL not agreeing with parachute payments but it will make it very hard to establish in the PL once promoted.

How long has this been discussed for ?. 2017 i'm sure I read somewhere ?.

And it gets 'leaked ' at the exact time the main headline of the moment is the financial hardships of EFL clubs and the possibility of clubs going out of business.

The coincidence!.

And this is where the whole thing falls down before its even started for me.

The cynical timing of this ..ahem...'leak' should be being seized upon left , right and centre by those opposed to it.

Classic Dom.

Its paywalled, Telegraph, so cant link but this is the first paragraph.
Sorry if someonelse posted it already.
Tottenham Hotspur will be able to claim back around £125 million for the costs of their new stadium and Liverpool around £30 million on their newly-built Main stand under a clause in the “Project Big Picture” (PBP) proposals, backed by the current Premier League champions and Manchester United....
Surprise surprise.

It's nothing but the final laundering of big money before it all goes tits - they'll IPO the PL before then of course to dump their shares "at the top" as we say in the stock market, leaving our pensions holding the ugly baby as per.

How long has this been discussed for ?. 2017 i'm sure I read somewhere ?.

And it gets 'leaked ' at the exact time the main headline of the moment is the financial hardships of EFL clubs and the possibility of clubs going out of business.

The coincidence!.

And this is where the whole thing falls down before its even started for me.

The cynical timing of this ..ahem...'leak' should be being seized upon left , right and centre by those opposed to it.
From a bbc article :
Kieran Maguire, football finance expert on BBC Radio 5 live
People have been negotiating this deal for three years so it's not a response to Covid - this has been coming, but Covid-19 is a Trojan horse for the introduction of these proposals.

From the bottom of the article.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54507523

If they tempered down the voting business they may well get this through? Say if they made it a straight majority of the remaining 18 clubs. Not as safe as the current 14 from twenty but far better than the big 9 with in effect the big 6 required to carry anything? IMO they are going to temper down the voting requirement and get something very similar approved? You can understand the EFL not agreeing with parachute payments but it will make it very hard to establish in the PL once promoted.

I genuinely believe they think we're thick as shit and classic American corporate opportunism, leverage your strength while others are suffering. As @Mutt_Man just posted this is fantastic timing for them to try and accelerate their plans.

Brazen, is the word for it. Wolves always show up in a crisis dressed as sheep. Absolutely brazen. I do genuinely think they should review how they can kick them out of the league. See what they think then when their vote will be almost useless if the other 14 got their acts together and united.

In any other form of Government it would be treason.