Major PL/FL Shake Up? | Vital Football

Major PL/FL Shake Up?

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
Looks like a change is coming and looks like, as usual, (I might need to reflect on it though) the big clubs will dictate.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...an-utd-liverpool-driving-project-big-picture/

World exclusive: Man Utd and Liverpool driving 'Project Big Picture' - football’s biggest shake-up in a generation
18-team Premier League, increased EFL funding and axing of League Cup among raft of proposals in 'Revitalisation' document seen by Telegraph

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54499998?

The plans would see the Premier League hand over the £250m bailout required by the Football League to stave off a financial disaster among its 72 clubs.
Under the proposals, the Premier League would be cut to 18 teams, the EFL Cup in its present form would be abolished and the Community Shield scrapped.

In addition, the top-flight's 14-club majority voting system would change.

There is no mention of Aston Villa and Newcastle United, both of whom have featured in more Premier League campaigns than Manchester City.

@Bonker Sorry mate, think you brought this up in the £15 to watch ppv thread, I tried to move it to its own thread but looks like I deleted.

Too big a subject to have in the other thread.

Sky ports reporting that longest serving 9 clubs will hold the power. Is that the longest serving of all time, which includes Citeh, Newcastle West Ham & Villa or longest currently without a break?

whatever what give Liverpool’s US owners the right to draw these plans up almost alone? Scrapping of charity shield is no big deal but surely lower league clubs would miss the league cup? All ideas seem to benefit the top six.

Sky ports reporting that longest serving 9 clubs will hold the power. Is that the longest serving of all time, which includes Citeh, Newcastle West Ham & Villa or longest currently without a break?

whatever what give Liverpool’s US owners the right to draw these plans up almost alone? Scrapping of charity shield is no big deal but surely lower league clubs would miss the league cup? All ideas seem to benefit the top six.

I'd say longest current, because as the bbc reported both Aston Villa and Newcastle have featured longer in the Premiership than Man City.

Always been shocked the PL didn't do a PL2 for the clubs not quite big enough for the Prem but too big for the Champ. It was talked about.

Some of the big clubs are eyeing up the lions share of doing their own tv deals is the truth. But if they break away, I hope all other clubs refuse to join in with their product, Man Utd and Liverpool can play themselves each week, we'll all get on with it as is!

Always been shocked the PL didn't do a PL2 for the clubs not quite big enough for the Prem but too big for the Champ. It was talked about.

Some of the big clubs are eyeing up the lions share of doing their own tv deals is the truth. But if they break away, I hope all other clubs refuse to join in with their product, Man Utd and Liverpool can play themselves each week, we'll all get on with it as is!

With their performances so far this season surely both will be trying to end relegation from the PL.

Another bit of power grab money and greed

A later August start to allow for more preseason tours, friendlies and a summer Premier League tournament

We'd be shut out despite being amongst the longest serving

• The nine longest-serving Premier League clubs -- currently the so-called Big Six plus Everton, Southampton, and West Ham -- would be afforded “long-term shareholder status”, granting them unprecedented power.
  • The one-club-one-vote rule would be abolished, with power handed over to the “long-term shareholders”.

There is, as this article says:
https://www.liverpool.com/liverpool-fc-news/features/liverpool-fsg-premier-league-glazers-19086446

a bit of a 'tease' for fans saying away tickets will be capped at £20. Cynical way for us all to believe this is a great thing?

Tighter FFP would also guarantee those at the top, stay at the top.

It is a no from me.

Same as Wurzel, it would also be a goodbye from me. :shake:

How dare these ****s think they can take over our game (already nearly lost)?

The EFL supposedly gets more money, but it's at the expense of parachute payments being scrapped. Essentially it means that clubs promoted have to take a huge gamble if they want to improve the squad. Any club relegated will be in dire financial states; probably can only survive by selling off all their players who are any good (at cut price levels to the established PL teams).

This is the most immoral proposal for football I've ever heard.

Wow - didn't know about this. Since 1990 it has been a slow walk toward an NFL style arrangement, eventually, there will be no relegation and it'll be a closed shop.

Sneaky move too by the powerful clubs using WHU, Everton and Southampton as pawns. Offering them a seat at the table. 'Long Term Shareholders', I mean that is extraordinary.

There has never been a clearer indication that these clubs are corporations backed by foreign interest. We have to always keep in mind our club is also in hands just like these too.

The EFL supposedly gets more money, but it's at the expense of parachute payments being scrapped. Essentially it means that clubs promoted have to take a huge gamble if they want to improve the squad. Any club relegated will be in dire financial states; probably can only survive by selling off all their players who are any good (at cut price levels to the established PL teams).

This is the most immoral proposal for football I've ever heard.

Just like this PPV (cr*p) thing McParlandTheGreat it's blatant highway robbery off the Naughty's.

If they don't get their way with this I can see them threatening to make a pact with Europe's "elite" clubs in Germany, Italy, Spain, Holland, France and Portugal to form a break away European League nodoubt funded by Sky. And that too will be a closed shop.