Main Stand | Page 3 | Vital Football

Main Stand

Looks like Derby City Council really are interested in brokering a deal to enable the counties senior football team to retain their home. Being confirmed now in the main stream media. Derby have always been a proper football city and this just goes to show it.

Looks like Derby City Council really are interested in brokering a deal to enable the counties senior football team to retain their home. Being confirmed now in the main stream media. Derby have always been a proper football city and this just goes to show it.

Find it incredible with the present state of the nations finance that a Council can cut library's, schools social care etc but find ways of funding a bloody football team .

Find it incredible with the present state of the nations finance that a Council can cut library's, schools social care etc but find ways of funding a bloody football team .
The argument they will use is that it’s an asset that they will be generating rent from and then selling at (presumably) a profit going forwards.

Still stinks if you are on the end of one of the cuts though…

Damn, need a subscription to read this. What was the gist Mao? It's a disgrace it's taking this long
The gist was that it's still ongoing and that the various councils at various points have been demanding that Forest pay for all sorts of things that they should be paying for from improving bridges, bus stops, cycle routes to paying for school improvements because there will be children living in the new residential area that need to go to school believe it or not.
It strikes me as opportunism on the part of these authorities to get someone else to fund things that they should be doing. Fortunately it seems that Forest have stood their ground and a lot of their ridiculous demands have been withdrawn.
There are still ongoing issues from the rowing clubs that are still being addressed. I'm sure if I have missed anything out or got anything wrong Mao will be able to correct it

The gist was that it's still ongoing and that the various councils at various points have been demanding that Forest pay for all sorts of things that they should be paying for from improving bridges, bus stops, cycle routes to paying for school improvements because there will be children living in the new residential area that need to go to school believe it or not.
It strikes me as opportunism on the part of these authorities to get someone else to fund things that they should be doing. Fortunately it seems that Forest have stood their ground and a lot of their ridiculous demands have been withdrawn.
There are still ongoing issues from the rowing clubs that are still being addressed. I'm sure if I have missed anything out or got anything wrong Mao will be able to correct it
Unbelievable. We should rip the thing up and move to another site, but that would likely take another 10 years to approve

that’s about it plus everything has to be agreed with three councils who change personnel faster than Joe Lolley socks.

Sad to say but I think that's the end of the idea of a new main stand and other much needed ground improvements. Instead of welcoming the project with open arms Rushcliffe Borough Council have obstructed the proposals from the start and the club have finally given up. " it's been like wading through treacle" the phrase used by Nick Randall says it all. They should hang their heads in shame.

Trying to get civil servants to all agree and pass things takes 800 meetings, which must include inclusivity and diversity managers and loads of cake. Add into that the fact they have been 'working' from home and voila, fuck all gets done.

The can't even fix the potholes, never mind rubber stamp a complex erection. Ooh, that reminds me.