Main Stand | Page 2 | Vital Football

Main Stand

Only the fans who went home AND away in league 1 are real fans and no others are welcome.

Nah. Come one come all, I say, so long as you make a bit of noise and get behind the team. The more the merrier. Plenty on here who started going on the 80s and 90s when we were quite good and then stuck with it through the tougher times. We may need that repeated one day.

Given the team's success this year has led to an extraordinary number of idiot single-serving, "i only attend when we're winning" w a n k e r fans, i'm not sure whether an extra 10k of them is necessarily a good thing - if, as some have speculated upon, the rebuild won't happen until Forest are in the Prem.

WOW chap

Love a bit of exclusivity

So explain to me how in your opinion it does work in real life.

I can tell you one way it works well over here although I'm not suggesting that's the case with you lot. You get a nice holiday paid for discretely, maybe first class travel and more or less anything that can be discretely hidden, the list is endless. It does get picked up very occasionally here by the tax man but I speak from personal experience too (that's on the giving side, not receiving).
There's always a way.

lol jbcasta will love me repeating for approaching 3 years that it would take 3 years to get the go ahead. I think that's 3 years would be this summer so could line up perfectly with our promotion. Maybe that was the plan all along :)

lol jbcasta will love me repeating for approaching 3 years that it would take 3 years to get the go ahead. I think that's 3 years would be this summer so could line up perfectly with our promotion. Maybe that was the plan all along :)

The money from a promotion would certainly help, but do we want a reduced capacity next season or the season after ? Can't help but think the covid fan ban era was the best opportunity to get a new stand up, but guess things never quite work out like that.

Only the fans who went home AND away in league 1 are real fans and no others are welcome.

Nah. Come one come all, I say, so long as you make a bit of noise and get behind the team. The more the merrier. Plenty on here who started going on the 80s and 90s when we were quite good and then stuck with it through the tougher times. We may need that repeated one day.

I hope your fly-by-night fans are still present if/when the team starts to struggle.

And that they turn up on time when we’re battling relegation, not 15 mins after kick off without a clue where their seat is/standing in the stairwells blocking the view for hundreds around them…

And I have been telling you that getting planning permission for this development has got nothing to do with it ever actually being built by this owner.

I suspect it varies from situation to situation and I imagine that the UK is one of the most sophisticated in this kind of corruption in the world.

To give an imaginary scenario, let's say there are 6 people holding back the approval.

You have someone meet them in a quiet, social setting. Let's say one of them is planning to build an extension for their house. You casually mention with a nudge and a wink, "seeing as this is a massive construction project, we're likely to have a load of left over building materials. In fact, we'll probably have enough for your whole extension. Do you see that being helpful for you?"

Repeat with the other 5 except perhaps more relevant scenarios to their own personal situation.

I hope your fly-by-night fans are still present if/when the team starts to struggle.

And that they turn up on time when we’re battling relegation, not 15 mins after kick off without a clue where their seat is/standing in the stairwells blocking the view for hundreds around them…
You're right. Many/most won't be still present - they will drift away again. But we can be sure that it is more likely the fly-by-nights will stay when we struggle than come for the first time while we are struggling.
Get them in when things are good and we will have a larger (or at least no smaller) loyal fanbase when struggling, which helps team morale and supports the club financially.

Good behaviour is always better than being a late, view-blocking, dickhead, and I agree that newcomers are more likely to do that but I've had my view blocked by season ticket holders too.

You have a good imagination I will grant you that.

With that kind of comment, I can only presume you are a councillor or in some kind of political role yourself LOL.

The way the Chinese would do is they would pay for you to fly to China for meetings AKA shopping and partying.

You would be given a daily spending allowance in the region of USD $5k per day. Then they would put you up in a hotel and bring girls to your room. Then when you go home, a video of your encounter would be sent to you with no further implications mentioned.

This is typically enough to get the Chinese whatever they want in the world.

I believe the Russians have a somewhat similar approach.

With that kind of comment, I can only presume you are a councillor or in some kind of political role yourself LOL.

The way the Chinese would do is they would pay for you to fly to China for meetings AKA shopping and partying.

You would be given a daily spending allowance in the region of USD $5k per day. Then they would put you up in a hotel and bring girls to your room. Then when you go home, a video of your encounter would be sent to you with no further implications mentioned.

One for the bank

I'm pretty sure the last thing our owner needs around him is corruption, he's grown bigger than that.
The council are totally jobsworth, we already knew this and are the last types you'd wish to approach with a bribe anyway

I'm pretty sure the last thing our owner needs around him is corruption, he's grown bigger than that.
The council are totally jobsworth, we already knew this and are the last types you'd wish to approach with a bribe anyway
Absolutely. In my experience council officials are so weary of keeping their jobs and pensions that the very suggestion of a bribe would send them into a fit of apoplexy.

Absolutely. In my experience council officials are so weary of keeping their jobs and pensions that the very suggestion of a bribe would send them into a fit of apoplexy.

Well, then that's why the bribes have to be well concealed and worth more than their jobs/ pensions then.

In 99% of the world, that's the main reason why people become council officials/ politicians and I don't see why/ how the UK is any different.

If you care to turn back several pips, I've been telling you for over a year that the club is dragging it's feet. There will be no investment in it unless A. We are sold B. We are in the EPL and on the market

Owd it’s

They’re ALL working from home still, ergo doing chuff-all, so until Rees-Mogg gets his way, expect little movement.