Main Stand | Vital Football

Main Stand

I mean, how long do they need here? It's ridiculous the length of time this is now taking
I think my feelings on this are well documented. As a side issue the proposed new pedestrian bridge accross the river has now been delayed " due to planning issues" it won't now be even submitted before " the end of the year". Someone needs a fucking rocket up the arse.

I think my feelings on this are well documented. As a side issue the proposed new pedestrian bridge accross the river has now been delayed " due to planning issues" it won't now be even submitted before " the end of the year". Someone needs a fucking rocket up the arse.
Any opinion on when this project could be started?

Any opinion on when this project could be started?
No not really. As I see it there are two separate issues involved here. The first is the actual planning permission which is completely out of the clubs hands. The other is if/when it is granted will they actually want to build the thing. If planning were granted tomorrow and if a contractor has been provisionally lined up ( I heard it was the Buckingham group currently engaged by Fulham) then the summer could be a possibility I suppose.

No not really. As I see it there are two separate issues involved here. The first is the actual planning permission which is completely out of the clubs hands. The other is if/when it is granted will they actually want to build the thing. If planning were granted tomorrow and if a contractor has been provisionally lined up ( I heard it was the Buckingham group currently engaged by Fulham) then the summer could be a possibility I suppose.

I would suggest that planning permission is about 80% in the club's hands if you know what I mean.

If it was this year, you'd have heard of the plan of construction by now. Everything from season ticket structure, to pedestrian movements.
It isn't happening in this years time frame.

Ah I get it now. You mean like in the films? Picture the scene. A man in a black leather jacket carrying one of those aluminium brief cases full of neatly stacked £50 notes meets a bloke from the council in a hotel room?

Ah I get it now. You mean like in the films? Picture the scene. A man in a black leather jacket carrying one of those aluminium brief cases full of neatly stacked £50 notes meets a bloke from the council in a hotel room?

Not sure it works exactly like that in real life, typically.

What is it exactly that you keep pointing out to me?

If you care to turn back several pips, I've been telling you for over a year that the club is dragging it's feet. There will be no investment in it unless A. We are sold B. We are in the EPL and on the market

If you care to turn back several pips, I've been telling you for over a year that the club is dragging it's feet. There will be no investment in it unless A. We are sold B. We are in the EPL and on the market
And I have been telling you that getting planning permission for this development has got nothing to do with it ever actually being built by this owner.

Thinking about it and since you're obviously in the know about the intentions of EM let's talk a few facts. A planning application of this scale costs and that money has already been spent regardless of the outcome. If it is successful the clubs value goes up. You say the club is dragging its feet? on what exactly.

Given the team's success this year has led to an extraordinary number of idiot single-serving, "i only attend when we're winning" w a n k e r fans, i'm not sure whether an extra 10k of them is necessarily a good thing - if, as some have speculated upon, the rebuild won't happen until Forest are in the Prem.