Lunny | Page 3 | Vital Football

Lunny

Should United continue to play Lundstram until sold in January?

• Yes

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Including diving in early on in the Wolves game and giving them their 1st goal
I recall some fans on various forums slating Lundy for not taking the Wolves lad out in the build up to their first goal and the some of the same fans are now slating him for getting booked for tackling.It's a funny owd game as Greavsie used to say aint it mi owd pal.:giggle: UTMPB

I recall some fans on various forums slating Lundy for not taking the Wolves lad out in the build up to their first goal and the some of the same fans are now slating him for getting booked for tackling.It's a funny owd game as Greavsie used to say aint it mi owd pal.:giggle: UTMPB
Taking him out was a second option and a certain yellow, if not red. Jockeying him down the line and stopping the cross was the best option of course.I wonder if his recent, early dive ins are him trying to get his retaliation in first and stamp his authority on the game? Patently, it's not working.

I'ts been ongoing for 8 months, during that period Wilder has selected him in 40 of the 44 games in the Premiership so despite not signing a contract he rates him. A player is no more than a commodity to be bought and sold, if he isn't happy with the deal, which we are not privy to, then I don't have a problem with him playing. Wilder hopefully will pick a side that can win games nothing else matters.

Was the Wolves game where JOC left Jiménez the freedom of the penalty area for the first and the pushed Stevens over for the second. Don't you love scapegoating.

By its very nature, by definition,scapegoating is selective Def-

Scapegoating is the practice of singling out a person or group for unmerited blame and consequent negative treatment. ... A scapegoat may be an adult, child, sibling, employee, peer, ethnic, political or religious group, or country. A whipping boy, identified patient or "fall guy" are forms of scapegoat.

Listening to Wilders interview to-day with Giddings were he expressed his frustration with Lundstram and his agent for not signing an improved contract that would have put him on a par with the top earners at the Club suggests he's on his way out.

Preferably sooner rather than later as Wilder makes the valid point he has to look to the interests of the players that have committed to the Club and the future. Hopefully we can get something for him in the JTW. If not a loan till the end of the season would avoid a scenario where he down his tools a la Lyle Taylor style because he fears injury will cause him to lose out on his pot of gold.

Amazingly I know what it means. Amazingly I also avoid using individual players as a scapegoat for a teams bad results. Some fans should try it.

Listening to Wilders interview to-day with Giddings were he expressed his frustration with Lundstram and his agent for not signing an improved contract that would have put him on a par with the top earners at the Club suggests he's on his way out.

Preferably sooner rather than later as Wilder makes the valid point he has to look to the interests of the players that have committed to the Club and the future. Hopefully we can get something for him in the JTW. If not a loan till the end of the season would avoid a scenario where he down his tools a la Lyle Taylor style because he fears injury will cause him to lose out on his pot of gold.
Are you sure that's news LST, not just a re-hash?????:cool::cool:

Think we are close to the point where getting rid of him is our best outcome. Bit like an STD.
I don't think there's any doubt we as a club want Lundy gone now Sean but if he wants to run down his contract and leave on a free in the summer there's little to nowt we can do about it is there mi owd pal.Having watched Chris's pre game interview i'll be very surprised if Lundy's in the starting line up v City but if he is in the line up obviously i hope he does his best for us.UTMPB

Hopefully if Lundstram is not playing against Man City it's down to him not training well or Wilder thinks another squad player can do a better job in that position a result is all that matters, egos should take a back seat. We are in a difficult position and it would be foolhardy not to use all the assets you have available to get us out of it. Having appeared in 40 out of 44 games what's changed apart from stalling on his contract which has been ongoing for 8 months. Drop in performance there's a list of players who fit that criteria. No problem with any player looking for a better deal that's his right, I don't think I'm the only one who's left company's for a wage rise and a better contract why fans think footballers are any different is slightly bizarre.
Wilder will make that decision, rightly so, because he will be judged on results and his team selections again rightly so.