Lovell..... | Page 4 | Vital Football

Lovell.....

Talking of old RE stalwarts, anyone remember Jim "Spainy" Spain? Very recognisable with a high pitched voice. Always stood out when the singing got going.

Also I saw another old RE "character" mentioned on another board the other day, Loggsy.

Think you might mean Wolfie.

No, i'm not.

No, I'm talking about Wilf. Bespectacled middle aged scruffy chap , who was famed for always having a Harrods carrier bag with him - probably more famed on the Town End than the RE. He used to stand next to the away fans and shout non-offensive gibberish to them all match. I remember in the days when we were battling to stay in the League, we were playing Exeter or someone like that who were going well in the playoff zone and beating us and he was shouting to the away fans that they were "going down" all match!

That's weird, when we played Stoke in the cup (they were PL IIRC) I ended up in the town end and there was an old gimmer shouting that at the Stoke fans for the whole match.........I wonder 🤔

No, I'm talking about Wilf. Bespectacled middle aged scruffy chap , who was famed for always having a Harrods carrier bag with him - probably more famed on the Town End than the RE. He used to stand next to the away fans and shout non-offensive gibberish to them all match. I remember in the days when we were battling to stay in the League, we were playing Exeter or someone like that who were going well in the playoff zone and beating us and he was shouting to the away fans that they were "going down" all match!

Definitely not me then, I'm far from scruffy! And I wasn't middle aged in the 80's or 90s.

I think I remember this guy - but not the Harrods bag. My recollection is of him having a budget supermarket carrier, I think Iceland or perhaps Netto. Must have gone upmarket at some point! Our very Wealdstone Raider!