Lost Stadiums: Your Favourite(s)/Least Favourite(s)? | Page 5 | Vital Football

Lost Stadiums: Your Favourite(s)/Least Favourite(s)?

Favourite would be Highbury, theres a few contenders for worst but ill give it to Northampton, three sided grounds just dont look right, Ive just seen a few photos of the old county ground which look a lot better than it did in its last days. I seem to remember it wasnt the friendliest of places to visit either.

Changed my mind, i forgot all about the Don Valley Stadium, absolutely awful venue for football.

Some interesting stories and anecdotes on here. Kenilworth Road is not lost yet, but due to be in the next few years and I have no fond memories of there at all.

The most non league of non league grounds was surely North Ferriby. Not sure where they are these days, but must be the only Lincoln game I've been to where people were sat watching from a tree!

The new ground is another of these soulless, edge of town grounds with few (if any) redeeming features, but I never enjoyed Layer Road either. Seeing us take an absolute malleting there one day and missing the intended train home wouldn't have helped my perception however.

The most non league of non league grounds was surely North Ferriby. Not sure where they are these days, but must be the only Lincoln game I've been to where people were sat watching from a tree!

Folded but a phoenix club emerged and they were placed in the Northern Counties East Division 1. Same League as Skegness Town

Some interesting stories and anecdotes on here. Kenilworth Road is not lost yet, but due to be in the next few years and I have no fond memories of there at all.

The new ground is another of these soulless, edge of town grounds with few (if any) redeeming features, but I never enjoyed Layer Road either. Seeing us take an absolute malleting there one day and missing the intended train home wouldn't have helped my perception however.

People watching from trees eh? Shrewsbury ,Gay Meadow was a great ground . Some time in the early nineties us Golden Eagle Coach lot were in our usual addled state . It was costumery for the Eagle Coach to arrive well past kick off and on this occasion the local Constabulary took a dim view to it all and refused our Kid Iggy entry .Not to be denied Iggy climbed a tree and watched the game from a very precarious vantage point . How he managed to scale the tree was a miracle due to the mess we were always in .Salad Days